Thread: Skincare

Default Skincare

So, I've been wearing diapers / nappies on and off for a while now but I have noticed reddening of the skin and itching around my waist and a bit of chafing between my legs.

From the vast experience on here, what should I be doing to look after my skin?

I am already scrupulous about showering and drying properly.

Every morning I use Johnson's Baby Lotion with vitamin E. The bottle has a green cap. I often use Johnson's baby oil before the lotion. I haven't had a problem so it works for me.

Especially in the summer, where sweat reigns supreme, a barrier cream containing dimethacone (silicone) will prevent skin contacting urine directly (Cavilon Durable Barrier cream (tacky unless used sparingly , PJUR Bodyglide Original (silky), Earth Mama Angel Baby, Bottom Balm (healing, organic oils, not silicone). I have used all with good results.

If yeast, or fungal skin infection, (I am not a doctor, if severe, a dermatologist can prescribe), there are anti fungal creams (Lotrimin comes to mind), doctor can prescribe stronger).

I hope this helps...

Thanks Incon,

I'll try the barrier creams. No infection glad to say. A few days off and the reddening is dissipating.

I suspect it is a heat / sweat related reaction.

We will see.