Thread: pacifier

Default pacifier

so i finally have the means to get a nuk 5 and am debating between a latex and silicon. im so used to latex with my nuk 3 and never cared for silicon because of size mostly and im gonna order off amazon so its baby-pants brand i bought diapers from them and loved them so any help would be great and also my gf is allergic to latex she doesnt care for sucking on them but she will have total control of my pacifier use later on so suggestions please

The decision is completely up to you, you just have to weigh the pros and the cons.

There are the normal arguments to why one material is better than the other, but if your girlfriend will be interacting with your dummy then you might want to consider silicone, that way neither of you have to worry and she can suck on it if she ever wants to, just as an option.

But if you detest the feel of silicone then your dummy still needs to serve a functional purpose, in which case you should choose latex.

I believe the size is the same between the latex and silicone Nuk 5 though.

Quote Originally Posted by philly View Post
    so i finally have the means to get a nuk 5 and am debating between a latex and silicon. im so used to latex with my nuk 3 and never cared for silicon because of size mostly and im gonna order off amazon so its baby-pants brand i bought diapers from them and loved them so any help would be great and also my gf is allergic to latex she doesnt care for sucking on them but she will have total control of my pacifier use later on so suggestions please
    Hi did you say you can order a nuk 5 silicone from amazon is that the UK one
    Or is the silicone one only available from baby pants can you post a link I've allways wanted a silicone one

no its a nuk 6 and its us and i only saw baby pants

I just bought a NUK 18-36 package and then a MAM 16+ package of pacifiers. I was pleasantly surprised that they both worked. I have partial dentures and have been biting through all my nuk 5 and larger pacifiers. These basically only get to the front of my teeth and seem to be surviving. They also feel great. I prefer the MAM since it is symmetric and the face plate is a little more comfortable for me. Best of all is the price. You can get two of either of these for less than $10 where the "adult" ones are well over $20 each.

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Pants-Nuk...adult+pacifier

^^^Here is a link to the Medic Pro Pacifier (With Nuk 5 Teat)^^^
    I didn't think that amazon was US only but it may be
    This one has a latex nipple on it

Amazon.com: Baby Pants Classic "NUK 6" baby pink adult pacifier: Health & Personal Care

^^^This one happens to be a latex Nuk 6^^^

25% off 3 or more modified pacifiers -site wide JUNE 2014
    ^This is a pacifier sizing chart as well as supplier^

Good luck, Everyone!

Get the Latex one. YOu probly won't like the silicone one. It is kind of textured and the mouth guard is weird.

well thanks everyone i got the purple sheild with the pink ring cause i love purple not very boyish but watever and got it today and i love the shield is a little weirdd but i like it it fits for the most part the nipple will take getting used to like right now the biggest part is the only part in my mouth i guess because im used to baby ones but if i had a list of favorite things like opera this would be on it the texure also doesnt bother me i guess im just weird also im creating alot of saliva when sucking is that normal