Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello everyone

Default Hello everyone

I live in the beautiful, green fields of Poland, where the nature is great and the nature is great and that's about it.

My presence here is caused by, quite unfortunate, lack of polish sites about AB/DL. Being unable to find something in my neighbourhood made me look aroud a bit further. Not to say it's really hard to find a community such open minded as ADISC.

I work in IT, trying the best I can with mixed results. My work is strictly practical, but I love theory of computation and maths - especially logic. Yes, I'm a complete nerd. Besides of that I enjoy literature (fantasy and sci-fi, because nerd again, but also nonfinction, especially biographies and reportages) and many, many webcomic series.

Most probably I won't be to active here, because I'm pretty paranoid about privacy and so I visit ADISC mostly once a week, but nevertheless I hope to find here some fun, some advice and have lots of good time.

Take care everyone!

Welcome elaboation, I'm also new here.

I like maths as well, however that changed when i decided to take modular maths at AS level, it was quite painful.

I notice that you like sci-fi as-well. I'm wondering do you watch sci-fi movies/ series, or do you just read sci-fi books?

Hello and welcome. I see you have yourself listed as a diaperfur, do you have a fursona? My fursona is a wolf cub.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTonyChopper View Post
    I like maths as well, however that changed when i decided to take modular maths at AS level, it was quite painful.
    I quite enjoyed modular maths, but I didn't get really far out of basics, so maybe it gets worse with time. What I couldn't stand was mathematical analysis.

I notice that you like sci-fi as-well. I'm wondering do you watch sci-fi movies/ series, or do you just read sci-fi books?
    I like Doctor Who most of all. I've watched more than this, but except of Matrix no title comes to my mind right now. I think it's more common to find a good sci-fi book than a movie - it's veary easy to go over the top with showing it on screen and lose the story and characters amongst the technobabble and trying to surprise the audience with more and more new stuff. Imagination doesn't quite let you do that. It's interesting how fantasy doesn't fall into this as much.

Quote Originally Posted by KimbaStarshine View Post
    Hello and welcome. I see you have yourself listed as a diaperfur, do you have a fursona? My fursona is a wolf cub.
    I don't have a fursona yet. I was thinking about a Czechoslovakian Wolfdog, because I really like this breed, but that's all I have.

I presume it's your fursona in your avatar? Really cute. :-) Who draw your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by elaboration View Post
    I quite enjoyed modular maths, but I didn't get really far out of basics, so maybe it gets worse with time. What I couldn't stand was mathematical analysis.

I like Doctor Who most of all. I've watched more than this, but except of Matrix no title comes to my mind right now. I think it's more common to find a good sci-fi book than a movie - it's veary easy to go over the top with showing it on screen and lose the story and characters amongst the technobabble and trying to surprise the audience with more and more new stuff. Imagination doesn't quite let you do that. It's interesting how fantasy doesn't fall into this as much.
    I found modular maths dose get worse over time, i found mathematical mechanics (M1) quite torturous.

I'm a Dr who fan as-well (my second favorite scif series), I can't wait until the new season is out.

Elaboration,

Welcome, plenty nerds here, myself included...

Double you have a.favourite Sci fi / fantasy book?

I love the Dune series of books.

DLE

I found modular maths dose get worse over time, i found mathematical mechanics (M1) quite torturous.
    I never even got to M1. ;-) Maybe the reason I like maths so much is that maths on computer science programme at my university didn't get me too far. ;-)

I'm a Dr who fan as-well (my second favorite scif series), I can't wait until the new season is out.
    I can't wait too. Hope Peter Capaldi will get it back to it's roots a bit. While I love the new series, Third Doctor is still my favourite and I'd certainly like to see that kind of Doctor again.

What's your first favourite sci-fi series?

Quote Originally Posted by SissyDLE View Post
    Double you have a.favourite Sci fi / fantasy book?
    Fantasy - good old fashioned "Silmarillion". There's no book that can match it's magnificence.

Sci-fi is a tougher choice. "Dune" is indeed incredible - I haven't read the whole series though, just the first novel. But "Roadside Picnic" by Arkady and Boris Strugatsky is really close as my favourite - while it doesn't have the complexity of "Dune" it has an incredible atmosphere, unmatched by any book, sci-fi or not, I've read.

I live in the beautiful, green fields of Poland, where the nature is great and the nature is great and that's about it.
    I heard the girls are quite pretty as well.

Welcome to ADISC! I hope you make some good friends here and find plenty of interesting topics to contribute to. Stay dry and happy!

What's your first favourite sci-fi series?
    It has to be Stargate.