View Poll Results: Do you or have you ever had...

Voters
103. You may not vote on this poll
  • An Anxiety Disorder

17 16.50%
  • Depression

11 10.68%
  • Both Anxiety and Depression

53 51.46%
  • Another Emotional or Mental Issue

8 7.77%
  • No Emotional or Mental Issues

14 13.59%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anxiety Disorders Amongst AB/DL People

Default Anxiety Disorders Amongst AB/DL People

Hello everyone. I've been recently thinking about why I am the way I am. One aspect I've been curious about is wether anxiety or depression (both of which I deal with) are common amongst ABDLs, and if there's any correlation between the two. I'd like to test my theory, and it would be great if some discussion could take place on the subject. Thank you!

I've had (or maybe currently have... maybe always will have?) depression and anxiety. A lot of the anxiety stems from the way I was brought up to be very reserved and non-spontaneous. And the depression came as a result of living with the anxiety for so long.

Anyway, for me, wearing diapers (and feeling little) is a "self-soothing" coping mechanism that provides a psychological escape from the world of perpetual anxiety (an endless stream of thoughts) to a simpler world where I don't need to think about anything.,, and, somehow, my brain can focus on the constantly-changing physical sensation of wearing a diaper instead of anxious thoughts. It's as if the sensory experience bombards my brain with noise that stops the anxiety from taking root.

It's like... diapers set up a "denial of service" attack on my brain so that the malware installed on it can't operate properly! (If you like computer-related metaphors, as much as I do!)

I've noticed that I wear a lot more when I'm anxious or depressed. For me, there's no doubt that my AB/DL desires stem from anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by tiny View Post
    I've had (or maybe currently have... maybe always will have?) depression and anxiety. A lot of the anxiety stems from the way I was brought up to be very reserved and non-spontaneous. And the depression came as a result of living with the anxiety for so long.

Anyway, for me, wearing diapers (and feeling little) is a "self-soothing" coping mechanism that provides a psychological escape from the world of perpetual anxiety (an endless stream of thoughts) to a simpler world where I don't need to think about anything.,, and, somehow, my brain can focus on the constantly-changing physical sensation of wearing a diaper instead of anxious thoughts. It's as if the sensory experience bombards my brain with noise that stops the anxiety from taking root.

It's like... diapers set up a "denial of service" attack on my brain so that the malware installed on it can't operate properly! (If you like computer-related metaphors, as much as I do!)

I've noticed that I wear a lot more when I'm anxious or depressed. For me, there's no doubt that my AB/DL desires stem from anxiety.
    Computer metaphors aren't my forte my friend, but what you say certainly strikes home with me to a certain extent. I've found I'm more prone to wearing when I'm feeling low, and it certainly has a therapeutic effect.

I have anxiety. Diagnosed in 6th grade and I have probably had it my whole life.

Sure I'd have to say I have an undiagnosed anxiety disorder .... Probably mild but it does sometimes get the better of me, and leaves me seeking some AB time. Regression is definitely a happy place for me.

I have lots and lots of anxiety. No diagnosed disorder though. I've written in other places on here that diapers both ease and cause anxiety for me

Diagnosed with "Social Anxiety Disorder".

"Heart beats stay at normal rate,
    When one beds down with legal mate.
    But roosting in anotherís nest,
    flirts with cardiac arrest."

From a lecture I had the other day on the link between anxety and hear t disease. Doesn't strictly relate to *bdl but I'm sure you can see the crossover between anxiety and doing things you're not supposed to do...

Also I'm pretty sure I have a mild problem with anxiety, but haven't bothered seeing anyone yet.

I have never had depression and moderate anxiety due to owning a business but only 30 years after my ab/dl