Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good plastic backed diapers / nappies in the UK?

Default Good plastic backed diapers / nappies in the UK?

So, Comficare is out of stock again...

Aside from Molicare Super Plus, what other high absorbency, plastic backed diapers / nappies are available easily in the UK?

Also, what slightly more discrete options do I have in plastic backed diapers / nappies as I am seriously thinking of going 24/7. As I am still a little shy of wetting while at work and have little chance to change, a plastic backed pull-up would suit.

I look forward to your advice,

DLE

Tena slips? or Tena pants as far as the pull-ups go, haven't heard of any plastic backed pull up though.

My suggestion for discret one's would be the Attends Active (click).
    They're quite like a pullup, due to the cloth wings with 2 tapes, but fit way better overall. No. 8 & 9 are very discrete, while 10 is very absorbent. Just stay away from 10 plus, they're horribly bad and anyway manufactured by another company.

As for very thick nappies you could try anything from the typical Tena Maxi, Formacare xplus or Kolibri Comslip plus. The last two have been often suggested as an Abriform m4 replacement, besides that you could also try to get them plastic backed with some luck. Sometimes they're available.

Plastic-backed diapers are dropping like flies in Europe. It's in a domino effect right now and doesn't seem to be stopping. Tena Slips, Abri-forms, and soon Attends in Europe are going to all be cloth. The best substitute for Comficare diapers would be Fabines, which are from Germany. Beyond that, you've got Forma-care M4 and Beesana Superslip available on Save Express - those are really good. Comficare is also still in stock at Save Express, so you can get them there.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyi View Post
    Plastic-backed diapers are dropping like flies in Europe. It's in a domino effect right now and doesn't seem to be stopping. Tena Slips, Abri-forms, and soon Attends in Europe are going to all be cloth. The best substitute for Comficare diapers would be Fabines, which are from Germany. Beyond that, you've got Forma-care M4 and Beesana Superslip available on Save Express - those are really good. Comficare is also still in stock at Save Express, so you can get them there.
    How do you know attends in Europe are becoming cloth backed? Do you have any links to info? They better not be as they're my favorite nappy since Tena went cloth backed.

Vlesi slip comort are plastic backed(wearing one now), strangly, the next ones up comfort premium are like dry night pj pants, cloth cover with plastic outer underneath. The plastic is very thin and tears easy.

Mmph, every single pack of tena's i've gotten recently are all still plastic backed.

Thanks folks, all very helpful. i'll be ordering in a couple of weeks. Good to know that I can get the Comficare from Save Express although their website is not easy...

DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by Lozza1979 View Post
    How do you know attends in Europe are becoming cloth backed? Do you have any links to info? They better not be as they're my favorite nappy since Tena went cloth backed.
    Check out Save Express. They've got the "new" Attends in with "cotton feel". As far as I see at least the Attends Slip Regular will be cloth, and most likely the Active Slip as well. Hopefully they keep Regular Plus plastic-backed. And Justo, I hate to burst your bubble but Vlesia Comfort and Vlesia Premium Night are now all cloth. Unless I'm mistaken Vlesia has gone completely cloth-back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moonhammer View Post
    Mmph, every single pack of tena's i've gotten recently are all still plastic backed.
    Yeah, because the business you're getting them from has old stock. The manufacturer itself (Tena) no longer makes the plastic-backed style, so once these businesses run out of them, they will be gone for good.