Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diaper related threads

Default Diaper related threads

I've noticed an awful lot of diaper threads in this 'Adult Baby' forum recently and though I would discuss it with some of you.

I personally don't 'use'diapers, I just wear them, but many others use them to their full extent, and I wasn't sure if I was the only one uncomfortable with constantly hearing about bodily fluids outside the forum 'made for' this sort of conversation.

By no means am I condemning anyone for what they do in their free time, I don't exactly hold any ground when it comes to normality. I just feel that some sort of moderation is in order, sometimes people publish content in an inappropriate forum, and this can lead to some users getting a little put-off by it, this is the main problem with the AB community; we're so deviant but also so variant, everyone is doing something that would make another person uncomfortable, we just need to regulate ourselves by posting extreme content where it belongs.

I go onto this forum (Adult Baby) to discuss general things with all you nice people, but I often feel I'm in the wrong place when someone mentions "diarrhea attacks" or "diaper leakage" or other things that make me cringe. The main reason I don't visit the Diaper Lover board is because (even though I like diapers) a large portion of what is discussed there is focused on bowel movements instead of the diapers themselves.

I only want a forum where I can relax and browse without a care in the world, not worrying of the next thread is someone publishing their diaper fiction story.

If you made it this far into the rant; thank you, I almost gave up halfway too. Please tell me your opinion on this matter.

I suppose technically, diaper related posts ought to be in the diaper related thread, but it does get kinda awkward when most babies (ABs included) wear them.

But yes explicitly diaper related (un-AB stuff) should go elsewhere.......I suppose. Ummm, do babies ever actually use diapers? oh yeah!

soz....I'm in a bit of a sarcastic mood..... don't read anything into it.

Its like how you can find diaper posts that are all about the babyish designs, smells, and textures, as well as tidbits about day cares, and AB furniture. I am for the most part, the other half of your spectrum. I'm a DL, and if I was to choose an age, it would be between child and teen, sometimes adult. I don't enjoy onesies or bottles, and I would never dream of eating kids foods again. Though, I think there are just natural cross overs that occur, hence the common abbreviations of AB/DL.

Just my 2 cents

There's natural crossover in the subjects as most ABs are diaper wearers and users. The threads that are more about the diaper itself rather than how it relates to ABs should clearly be in the other forum. Misplaced threads can be reported to the mods via the Report button and they'll put them in their proper place if they aren't there already.

Strictly speaking, this is probably a thread for the Administrative Stuff subforum

You do raise a good point. Mostly that users around here should have some consideration for the sensitivities of others on the board. When you start talking about the specifics of diapers though, how well they perform under stress is an essential feature for a lot of people on this site.

It's tricky discussion of AB leads to talk diapers leads to talk of use.

I for one will just take this as a reminder to be mindful of where and what I post.

Totally agree with what's being said here, I do think we need to be mindful of what forum we are posting things in however, diapers are one of those subjects that do have a lot of crossover. on the other hand though, I think it depends in what light we are talking about diapers in. For example , if we are talking how they enhance the AB experience in it belongs in the adult baby forum but if we are reviewing then it belongs in the diaper forum..

A lot of what's posted in the AB forum about diapers and their use is entirely relevant to being an AB: for example, does messing help you regress? Are thicker diapers helpful for your 'mental image' of yourself as a baby? Is wetting part of your diaper-time (or, for that matter, are diapers even PART of being little for you)? What's the /cutest/ diaper?

It'd be real nice to have all the stuff that's 'squicky' to you conveniently located in one forum so you could avoid it: but that just wouldn't work when there's such a lot of overlap between ABs and DLs (namely, that they both often wear diapers). It'd also be good if people were considerate and warned before being more 'graphic' about messing/wetting, however that seems like an act of personal courtesy we should neither expect nor require.

The only case in which I'd agree is threads which have zero AB-related content. For example, a thread simply about the absorbency of different brands doesn't really belong in the AB section. Nor does a thread about which diaper is the best value for money. However, a thread about the best AB diaper would be relevant here. It's a hard call to make sometimes.

I don't especially like to read threads about messy diapers, but if I find one, I simply move on to another thread. This is a diaper related site, and since everyone is 18 and older, I accept the reality that messy diapers may be discussed. I'm pretty quick with my mouse button.

I can tell that people are upset that I brought this up, I was hoping that some people might see it from my point of view, but we're all adults here so I'll just submit my thread to be removed from the forum, ironically I've upset a bunch if people in a thread about being upset.

I thought I was being reasonable but I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. I'll just stay off the forum, I really dislike some of the threads that pop up now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberBulb95 View Post
    I can tell that people are upset that I brought this up, I was hoping that some people might see it from my point of view, but we're all adults here so I'll just submit my thread to be removed from the forum, ironically I've upset a bunch if people in a thread about being upset.

I thought I was being reasonable but I'm sorry if I have offended anyone. I'll just stay off the forum, I really dislike some of the threads that pop up now and then.
    I think this is a little bit of an overreaction. Just because people disagree with you and are pointing out why the forums are the way they are doesn't mean we're 'offended' or 'upset'. Nor does it mean that your opinion needs to be scourged from the face of the boards. It was a reasonable musing and discussion: I certainly enjoyed considering why things are the way they are.

However, it's true that if mention of messing diapers in a thread/seeing topics about messing diapers upsets you to the extent you cannot bring yourself to participate in the community here, then this probably isn't the place for you. You mention wanting a forum where you can 'relax and browse without a care in the world', which is a lovely ideal. For better or worse, however, content on a site like this is controlled by its users, and the users here have decided that posts about bowel movements are the order of the day. The culture here (including frank and honestly often /crude/ discussion of diaper usage) is already established, and to expect it to change to fit what you feel it should be instead is maybe a wee bit self-centred, and certainly rather naive and overly-optimistic.