Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bottles/Formula?

Default Bottles/Formula?

There are probably, hundreds of these topics, none of which are exactly recent after looking. So I am going to wing it and ask my question since products change and such...

Does anyone here drink from a bottle? Or more specifically what do you drink if you do?

I've got a bottle but all I drink from it is milk, chocolate milk, and juice, lol... It's kinda funny cause the bottle I use was one I found in storage from my old baby things from when I was actually little.

So I guess my question is, What kind of bottle do you use, and what do you drink in it? And if applicable, what formula do you drink? Any suggestions for ones that don't taste horrible? (I tried some once and it was awful, lol.)

So yeah... post things below?

Sippy Cups count too! Lol.

PaddedPuppy

I use the NUK 300ml bottles with standard silicone teat which I cut open a little more to increase the flow rate.

I mostly use it for drinking formula. If its not formula the only other drink I ever have from my bottle is very milky tea.

As for what formula, its Cow and Gate/Aptamil growing up milk. From memory those brands aren't in the United States, but my statement still stands. Always go for the highest stage for babies or the youngest stage for toddlers. Its the best tasting in my opinion and is one of the healthiest for an adult. If you go for younger ones they usually have a ridiculous amount of fat and iron content and drinking it regularly probably wouldn't be so good for you.

Enfamill makes one called "toddler transitions" - there is one that is vanilla flavored. It tastes okay, kinda off but better than regular formula.
    I use nuk bottles personally, I use the larger nipple size so it's got a faster flow.

Sometimes I put malted milk into regular milk, so it's distinctly different and good for "little time" but doesn't taste weird.

Use a Tommee Tippee, closer to nature with a hi flo nipple (or opened up size 1) for warm milk at bed time, a Tommee Tippee active sipper cup and a Nuby i monster no spill cup for tea

I have a cheap Walmart-brand bottle and a cheap Nuby sippy cup. I prefer the sippy cup, and like having chocolate milk in it. I've only ever drank water out of the bottle since it's harder to clean.

I use the Playtex VentAire bottle. I was using an older plain bottle for a while but I then lost it and had to buy a new bottle. The Playtex one looked interesting, so I brought it. I got a medium flow nipple and have not had to modify it.

As to what I drink, if I am really into being a baby, I will drink Similac - cold. The taste is ok for once-in-awhile drinking. Otherwise, I tend to drink iced tea, milk or chocolate milk. I also occasionally drink sodas. Some people have said that sodas will damage the bottle, but I am a fast drinker and I clean the bottle soon after finishing. So I have not seen any damage to my bottles from the soda.

I just have a plastic 300ml bottle with a silicone orthodontic nipple. But I desperately want to switch to a latex cherry nipple!

I just warm up some milk and add a little Irish Cream, you get the sweetness of the Irish Cream with the relaxing effect of the alcohol!

I have a NUK 10 oz orthodontic baby bottle. I like to use it when I can since I still live at home with family. I usually drink regular milk, chocolate milk and juice. I want to try formula and warmed milk.

Quote Originally Posted by AmberBulb95 View Post
    I just have a plastic 300ml bottle with a silicone orthodontic nipple. But I desperately want to switch to a latex cherry nipple!

I just warm up some milk and add a little Irish Cream, you get the sweetness of the Irish Cream with the relaxing effect of the alcohol!

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBaby View Post
    I have a NUK 10 oz orthodontic baby bottle. I like to use it when I can since I still live at home with family. I usually drink regular milk, chocolate milk and juice. I want to try formula and warmed milk.
    Uh, I feel really silly for asking this but uh, how would one prepare said warm milk? Since you both mentioned it... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by AddyShadows View Post
    Uh, I feel really silly for asking this but uh, how would one prepare said warm milk? Since you both mentioned it... lol.
    I just pop it in the microwave for a few seconds - I'm paranoid about melting plastic though so I always start it in a glass cup, and transfer it to a bottle. I typically put it in for thirty second increments and test how hot it is.