Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions on first diaper use

Default Suggestions on first diaper use

So on my next pay check I plan on buying a sample pack of adult diapers and wherein them when my roommates aren't around.

My only concern is how do I get rid of them after that have been used, without really alerting my roommates. We have one trash can out in the main living area that is my primary concern, and I have a trash bag in my bed room (been trying to clean most of the food and snack related mess), but I can't help but worry that my roommate might come home and just so happen to find out. >~<

Any suggestions?

Take it out quickly and don;t dispose of it in a communal trash bin.
    Also be aware that keeping it around too long will result in some funky smells.

Maybe take out the communal trash that day and kill two birds with one stone?

I horde grocery bags like some sort of crazy person. Which is great for used diapers! I always bag them up in a grocery bag and either before work that morning, or if its night, I put them straight in the outside bin.

You could also 'do your roomies a favor', by putting your used diaper in a bag, then putting it in the communal trash bin and throwing it all outside. Takes out the inside trash, and the diaper all at once. The only concern with that method, is if someone say loses a ring, watch, earing, fork, etc. and rips apart the bag to try and find it.

when i was in your position i would buy small 6 gallon trash bags seal it and tie it then put in paper bag i would dump at gas station, conveinience store, donut shop rest area, picnic area, car wash etc!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing I live in the cold northeast i would put them in the woodstove!!!

Quote Originally Posted by keithandre1 View Post
    when i was in your position i would buy small 6 gallon trash bags seal it and tie it then put in paper bag i would dump at gas station, conveinience store, donut shop rest area, picnic area, car wash etc!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

one more thing I live in the cold northeast i would put them in the woodstove!!!
    Haha iv used a wood stove to dispose of them before. Makes some crazy sounds!

Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    Haha iv used a wood stove to dispose of them before. Makes some crazy sounds!
    I have a woodstove, but...
    That must smell pretty gnarly?

Quote Originally Posted by PoisonSnivy View Post
    I have a woodstove, but...
    That must smell pretty gnarly?
    No didn't smell from what I could tell, I just threw it in on top of the wood that was already burning.

Nope couldn't tell it was ever in there.

I agree, put it in the outside bin with the communal trash or the trash from your room. If questions are asked about you going outside with your trash, say there is stuff in there you don't want smelling up the house.