View Poll Results: Discuss

45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Hot Coffee

29 64.44%
  • Iced Coffee

8 17.78%
  • Black

23 51.11%
  • Sweetened (Applies to Various forms of Sweetening)

9 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coffee Drinkers: What Wakes You Up More?

Default Coffee Drinkers: What Wakes You Up More?

Iced coffee is great, but I find hot coffee has a stronger effect on my brain. Discuss.

I've been drinking hot black coffee for years now. Although now I limit myself to two cups a day.

I should learn to do that. I've been pushing it with the second pot of a four cup pot.

Coffee is my one addiction. I'm up at 5am so after the alarm goes off, I stumble towards the coffee machine.

I've always said that coffee is the most important meal of the day!

Since picking up my job at the local factory I find myself reverting back to my old coffee-drinking ways, keep it hot and keep it black. I don't quite feel ready to work until I have my first cup of black sludge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51GFA1ZDoOL.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	38.8 KB 
ID:	21090

Caffeinated cookies, oatmeal, steak, milk, coffee, juice, hot dogs, you name it. And you can dose it safely with a sufficiently sensitive scale. $13+shipping for the equivalent of 625 16 oz cans of Monster/Rockstar/Amp/NOS or ~500-850 8oz servings of drip coffee.

Ice Coffee is the best drink known to man, but coffee in general is a gift from the Gods. If I had a choice between iced or hot in the morning, I'd take hot though.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    I've been drinking hot black coffee for years now. Although now I limit myself to two cups a day.
    Eh? Just two?!!!
    You'll never grow up to be a big girl.

Me? I'm surprised that I don't piss the stuff.
    Occasionally, I have wondered if I'm addicted, but the times when I've not been able to get a brew, it's not bothered me. Many times at work I've drank only water. The main irk for me is more of others interfering with my routine and the things I like; that's when I can get nowty.

I drink three or four cups of hot coffee a day. I use one packet of Splenda and some cream into my 8 o'clock Columbian via my Kureg. It's good stuff.

I'm pretty sure the amount of coffee I drink rather than the form it takes is the only part that noticeably changes how well it wakes me up.