Thread: Some businesses need to learn to communicate

Default Some businesses need to learn to communicate

Hello,

Well this is frigging well ridiculous. I placed an order with a New Zealand company for two pairs of plastic pants on Tuesday night.

I paid with my visa debit card, and checking today with online banking I found the money gone from my account,

It is now Thursday evening, and I have had zero response from them. I sent them a polite request at midday today asking when I am likely to receive my order.

They state on their invoice that they will send the tracking number when the order has been sent.

As I have no tracking number, I have to assume that the order was not sent.

If they are having issues with filling the order, the least they could do is to actually respond to their emails.

Looks like I may well have to ring them tomorrow afternoon.

I just hope they are not a bunch of crooks. I have never had any luck with getting my bank to actually do a charge back.

Christopher.

a lot of smaller companies may only have an outgoing post collection once or twice a week. place your order at the wrong time of week and you could wait longer than a week for delivery.
    additionally, many producers offer special garments as more of a side-line and such garments may have to made as and when the normal business operation allows. a further complication to that is that sometimes garment orders are subbed out to home-seamstresses and this can add more time to the whole affair.

even in Britain, waiting at least a week is common for inco/ab/dl items. i know it's nerve wracking, but it's the way things are. i usually do a trial purchase to test a supplier's performance, but even that's no guarantee as small companies can be quite chaotic or scatter-brained in their operation.

Hello Ade,

Well this particular company answers e-mails at weird times. I got a reply at 9:30pm last night that they had shipped my order along with the tracking number.

I know what you are saying regarding smaller companies. In this companies case, before I placed the order I read their about page.

They do not make the pants. They apparently have an overseas source. At least one other person from adisc has purchased from them, which is how I found out about them.

Its not the waiting for the order I was miffed with, but the lack of communication. It really is not too much to expect an email by close of day wednesday. I actually thought that they had gone out of business.

They are a husband and wife company.

Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsett View Post
    Well this particular company answers e-mails at weird times. I got a reply at 9:30pm last night ......Its not the waiting for the order I was miffed with, but the lack of communication.....They are a husband and wife company.
    ah, a kitchen table company
    there's load of them internetting. my last experience of one was earlier this year. it seemed to be a one-man-band running from a farm (and who knows, it could've been the farmer's kid). communication is often a poor point with these; other times, they can be the total opposite: it just depends on the individuals concerned and their confidence in dealing with customers/people and their general business experience.
    i was once startled by having dealings with a 11 year old kid (how can you tell on the net?) and he promptly got told-off by his dad as i waited for my goods. and all because he didn't have the confidence and experience to converse adequately.

In the future, you might use a credit card rather than a debit. With a credit card, if they never ship, you can get your investment back through your card. Not so with a debit card, unless your bank is different from mine.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    In the future, you might use a credit card rather than a debit. With a credit card, if they never ship, you can get your investment back through your card. Not so with a debit card, unless your bank is different from mine.
    Hello Dogboy,

That is interesting regarding the debit cards. As it has the visa logo on it my belief was that it had the exactly the same process as with a credit card.

I did have the bank refund me as a customer good will when I had issues with a fraudulent company refusing to send me what I had fully paid for unless I paid additional money for a "membership".

I must look into it regarding the debit cards.

Regards,

Christopher.

Quote Originally Posted by wimsett View Post
    Hello Dogboy,

That is interesting regarding the debit cards. As it has the visa logo on it my belief was that it had the exactly the same process as with a credit card.

I did have the bank refund me as a customer good will when I had issues with a fraudulent company refusing to send me what I had fully paid for unless I paid additional money for a "membership".

I must look into it regarding the debit cards.

Regards,

Christopher.
    This is what I've heard on news reports via television, and the show, "Money Talks". If you use a credit card, you're protected in a number of ways. Some people are coerced into buying credit card insurance, and it's totally unnecessary as the credit card protects their customers from fraud.