Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taping Method

Default Taping Method

So for years now I've been taping top tapes first then bottom tapes. But I noticed the other day in one of the other threads someone offering advice to do bottom tapes and then top tapes.

I tried this, it seems to be a little more difficult to do, but are there advantages to doing the bottoms first or is it just a preference thing?

I do bottom tapes for a tighter leg seal, helps prevent leaks, imo. I'm not sure there's any hard and fast rule to it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post
    I do bottom tapes for a tighter leg seal, helps prevent leaks, imo. I'm not sure there's any hard and fast rule to it, though.
    Ditto here. And I find that if I do the tops first, I make it too loose around my waist. I used to do tops first until I mastered bottoms first.

I do the top first and it allows me to be comfortable taping bottom once you do the top you can adjust bottom without taping and then tape at a comfortable spot !! maybe just used to 30 years but works with ever new diapers ive never tried. I use to tape bottom first when i first started but always found myself ripping tapes to redo them on bottom after i did the top anyways

I prefer to start with the bottom right tape then the bottom left tape then the upper right tape then the upper left tape. Of course I am just as proficient with bottom right then top right then repeat on the left side (I am right handed so i start with the right side first with the 2nd technique.)

I do top tapes first just lightly to position it, then I do the bottom ones. I re-position the top ones after that. I often angle the top tapes downward a little.

I go bottom left then bottom right to top right then top left.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieRoni View Post

Dis right here.

Also, matter of prefference really.

I also do both bottoms then top and i use clear tape to keep my diaper nice and tight

i do the bottoms first then the tops. that's how i've been doing it since i started wearing diapers again when i was 8