Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello All (Introduction)

Default Hello All (Introduction)

1) Hello! Who are you?

Hello.

my personality: introvert, Think a lot, shy, (not good at describing my personality)

since i live in the Uk (United Kingdom) i will use different words which mean the same, e.g nappies instead of diapers.

At collage I'm studding: Archaeology AS, geology AS and retaking English language GCSE. (The education system is slightly different, first is primary school, then high school, then collage and finely university)

2) What brings you here? (interest in diapers/regression)

My interest in nappies emerged when i was 10 years old. over the years i brought Drynites, only 3 months ago i mustered up the confidence to by adult nappies.

3) Diapers do not rule our lives! What are your other interests? (besides diapers/regression)

I extremely enjoy watching anime and reading manga. At the moment One piece is my favorite anime, (currently reading the manga from the beginning) my favorite character from one piece is Tony Tony chopper.

geology is most definitely my favorite subject, eventually i hope to have a career in geology. when I'm outside i apply the skills and knowledge i have learnt and put them into practices, e.g identifying rocks or minerals, identifying fault lines in the landscape.

I also enjoy: walking cycling, extreme kite flying, gaming and science. (nothing is impossible its only improbable)

I have recently taken up Archery

4) What are you looking for out of this site? What would you love to do here?

Before joining i have read old posts, i love the friendly advice and support you give, hopefully i can advice other people.

End. i apologize for the bad grammar, i find righting English hard due to being dyslexic.

Edit: I forgot to mention that i like photography. :P
    Last edited by TonyTonyChopper; 06-Jun-2014 at 16:41.

Hello from the UK. Nice introduction.

You know what? I really hated geology at high school (perhaps because the teacher was a bit on the theoretical and boring side). But later because I like mountains I got really interested in it, because I wanted to know why different mountains have different shapes and colours. Now a career in geology sounds very exciting to me (too late). So it's good to have a geologist on board.

Hi and welcome!!! Great intro!!! Im shy, love diapers, my little side, among other things. I also spell horrible!!! welcome again and hope you enjoy ADISC as much as i do

Avalanche and Keithandre1 thank you for the welcome .

I really hated geology at high school (perhaps because the teacher was a bit on the theoretical and boring side). But later because I like mountains I got really interested in it, because I wanted to know why different mountains have different shapes and colours.
    The theoretical side can become a bit boring, i guess it all depends on the teacher. The colour of mountings, rocks and sand all depends on the minerals that are present.

Welcome from a UK DL!

I list my interests as including all things scientific. I have a real soft spot for geology!

For now, welcome. I look forward to your contribution!

DLE

Thank you sissyDLE for the welcome.

it's fun thinking scientific, i do find the universe fascinating.

lets just say i view the world geologically.
    i have found late 2013- 2014 boring on geological events (not many explosive volcanic eruptions and earthquakes).

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTonyChopper View Post
    i have found late 2013- 2014 boring on geological events (not many explosive volcanic eruptions and earthquakes).
    I guess you've been following the El Hierro events. It's probably a small event compared to other volcanic stuff, but it's exciting because it's quite close and a familiar area (like everybody from the UK has been there on holiday). I wonder if the new volcano will grow fast enough to emerge above the water level during our lifetime.

I wonder if the new volcano will grow fast enough to emerge above the water level during our lifetime.
    I have to admit it i was not following the El Hierro events so, thanks for telling me, i am finding it interesting to the point that i did some research in the geological history of the canary islands.
    I now know the Canary Islands where formed by volcanic activity, a mantle plume fueled the volcanoes.

The recent volcanic eruption is being fueled by a mantle plume, so I'm assuming the magma type is basaltic and it is an effusive eruption (effusive eruption is a volcanic eruption which pours out lava onto the surface). I do think the volcano will emerge above the water in our life time.

Volcanoes are fun.

load up the chopper! A new member has shown up! Welcome but I see you already been acquainted by awesome members here but you haven't been welcomed by a pokemon have you! :p I love your introduction with spaced out categories and your interests layered out and separated. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Welcome Tony! Geology sounds like a great career. I am combing my theology with education so I can work in Christian education. I would love to found schools someday. I am also an introvert like you. I used to be painfully shy as a kid, but I can manage ok now. I did meet a stranger lady yesterday and managed to chat for 15 minutes. Men scare me a lot worse than women do though. LOL like I don't go out and meet my neighbors and then I hear rumors about them and they aren't so positive. I have never wet out of fear before, but some of these neighbors might just inspire that if I ever get stuck alone with one of them. Ok, maybe I am not handling my shyness 100%, but my husband and I talk about everything, so it makes it easier to talk to others about it.
    Fascinating