Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving House

Default Moving House

Like the title suggests, I'm planning on moving myself to a new location, out of my parents house! But there is one slight hitch in that process...In particular, the 3 cases of Bambinos, 2 cases of Molicares, and 2 packs of Depends I have in hiding in my room. Luckily, I don't have any other DL paraphernalia that could be difficult to get out secretly!

If you were moving, or if you have moved, how would you/did you hide your diapers? I'm thinking of stowing them at a friends place, but I can't think how to get them out unnoticed! They came in through the mail, and since I get big boxes from my boyfriend (long distance) no one ever questions my boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalMelody View Post
    Like the title suggests, I'm planning on moving myself to a new location, out of my parents house! But there is one slight hitch in that process...In particular, the 3 cases of Bambinos, 2 cases of Molicares, and 2 packs of Depends I have in hiding in my room. Luckily, I don't have any other DL paraphernalia that could be difficult to get out secretly!

If you were moving, or if you have moved, how would you/did you hide your diapers? I'm thinking of stowing them at a friends place, but I can't think how to get them out unnoticed! They came in through the mail, and since I get big boxes from my boyfriend (long distance) no one ever questions my boxes.
    I have to hide my diapers when the kids come to visit. I put them in big, black plastic garbage bags. I'm not sure if that would work for you, but you could surround them with some of your clothes and say they're clothes. Hope that might work.

When I moved it many moons ago I printed printed labels on color paper and taped hem to the boxes. They said things like kitchen, living room, bedroom, unpack later etc. My parents helped me move so I didn't want them to accidentally unpack my *supplies. "

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    When I moved it many moons ago I printed printed labels on color paper and taped hem to the boxes. They said things like kitchen, living room, bedroom, unpack later etc. My parents helped me move so I didn't want them to accidentally unpack my *supplies. "
    This is the suggestion I would give. Make the boxes look like they are boxes you got from a store or something to pack stuff into.

I had some Model railroad supplies arrive via the Mail in Tampon shipping box one time. The guys in the train group I belong to did not let that go without a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I agree. If I was moving I would put them inter unmarked boxes (if the boxes has the brand names that is) and just label them things that people wouldn't suspect, like winter clothes or something like that.

The only other way I could think of, due to the number that you have, would be to move them at night a bag at a time. That would be a pain, and would take a number of trips.

The only thing about labeling the boxes as something different, is if your parents were to actually on the spur of the moment to help you unpack some things.

Christopher.

the only thing i can think of is. move them when your parents are not not around for the day

I've just recently moved and I packed all my nappies into boxes and then wrote clothes on them and made sure that I moved them in and out the house.
    No one suspected a thing.

suit case and lock them in there

- - - Updated - - -

i am in the process of moving too

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalMelody View Post

The same way I've done so in the past:
    Cardboard boxes and duck-tape.
    Basically there's so much stuff when you move, you will have a dozen of those boxes... so if two contain diapers... no problem.
    I usually threw in a few clothes (top / bottom) in case the box gets ripped open by accident...
    Or make a night-action... put all in duffles and your car... move to the new place and be done