Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are Infantilists Transvestites?

Default Are Infantilists Transvestites?

Are Infantilists also (or actually) Transvestites?

The term 'transvestite' generally refers to someone who dresses across gender lines using the clothing and accessories normally associated with the opposite sex. Aren't infantilists (AB's) also 'transvestites' because they dress across age lines using the clothing and accessories normally associated with someone of a different age? e.g. high-heels v. booties, etc.

As a transvestite, I feel feminine when I dress. I use it to relieve stress. Although there is a sexual part, I can spend hours feeling feminine but not aroused.

The same seems to be true of me as an adult baby. Although, for me, there is a sexual part, AB is not about the clothing, it's the child-like feelings that they produce. I can spend hours regressed but not aroused.

For both, it's the clothing and accessories that put me in a different head-space (child-like or feminine). NOTE: I think you could include the 'Sissy' here and the 'sub' headspace.

As for the sexual part, for some (with the exception of the non-sexual AB's), there is also a clothing fetish aspect to both transvestism and infantilism. e.g. diapers (DL) and panties.

How many of you out there have both kinks? Does gender cross-dressing and age cross-dressing play the same role in our life (stress release, etc.)?

I suppose it might be accurate for some ABs in the root sense of the word with "vestire" referring to clothing. In popular usage, the word is strongly linked with dressing across gender lines and more commonly with men dressing as women. This is orders of magnitude more common, at least in popular culture than we are, so I don't see the definition changing to include ABs anytime soon.

My time here tells me that anytime you start to extrapolate your own personal ABDL experience out to indicate some kind of norm, you're on thin ice. Even as a small group, there's a lot of diversity in how we experience these urges and I think we're only superficially similar. I would wager that there won't even be any good degree of unanimity among ABs who are also cross-dressers. It's an interesting question and they might be related but I doubt we'll get to know anytime soon.

transvestites cross dress with opposite sex my ab is me younger same sex!! I would call me ab or actually ab/dl and if dressed as a little girl opposite of my actual sex male then maybe ab/dl/transvestite

Depends on who you are talking about some ABDL* subgroups are similar to transvestitism while others fit more closely witht he trans* (transgender asterisk) umbrella.

Transvestite-like ABDL*s= Diaper Lovers, Adult Babies (sometimes)
    Transgender-like ABDL*s= Age non-conformers, Adult Babies (sometimes), Littles

It ultimately comes down to whether it is role-playing or an identity. The latter types of ABDL*s being of a strain more similar to transgender people.

ABDL can fall into the Kink catagory, Lifestyle catagory, or Identity catagory. It all is up to the individual and how they feel about themselves.

One of my videos (skip to 12:40): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2aD...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by tickles51 View Post
    Are Infantilists also (or actually) Transvestites?

The term 'transvestite' generally refers to someone who dresses across gender lines using the clothing and accessories normally associated with the opposite sex. Aren't infantilists (AB's) also 'transvestites' because they dress across age lines using the clothing and accessories normally associated with someone of a different age?
    You just answered your own question.

Gender vs. Age.

hey im also a cd only starting to get fully into. im in process of trying to make my self look like ashley tisdale at moment but finding it hard. i have the makeup i need and perfume but its finding a wig and clothes is my problem

I'd call it an "Atypical dressing disorder" which includes cross dressing (either because of gender dysphoria or the fact you just like the other sex's clothing), dressing as babies or toddlers, wearing leather, rubber, fur, etc... outside of normal social norms, certain exhibitionist clothing, etc...

It's all in the overall atypical paraphelia category where you get your rocks off other than with "standard" sexual activity.

CrinklySiren

The way I see it, being TV means cross-dressing in the simplest of definitions; Dressing in clothes not meant for your age is simply that ~ i don't believe there is a word for it. However, as ForeverSmall said, it depends on the person.

A person who identifies as male, but regresses into female and wears baby "girl" associated things, could possibly be considered transvestite. But for those who are transgender who regress to child-like state of their true identity, it is merely dressing appropriately.

But if you mean to ask if wearing age-varying clothes is in itself a form of transvestism; IMO i don't think it applies. People dress older or younger all the time :P you see 40 year old moms wearing teen jeans or 18 year old guys wearing old man vests etc. style is style, even in the AB world ;D

I personally consider myself a sub, but being a sub is a power-exchange thing, and is (or can be) totally unrelated to cross-dressing. I also identify as female so i dress female and when i regress into little emily, I dress female as well.. for me its not cross-dressing or fetish related, its simply me dressing as me.

Alternatively; neither is sexual for me. I don't get aroused wearing gender appropriate clothes, and i dont get aroused when i regress, for me its either a case of dressing appropriately, or expressing myself. So maybe I'm not fit to answer this question lol

I think someone who wells childish clothes well below their ages and obviously far below their age would be called a pedovestite if I recall. But that's only from reading a list of fetishes months ago. o.o Sounds weird to me, and it's too close t another word for my liking.
    Last edited by CuriousOne; 05-Jun-2014 at 06:24.