Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Intelligence

Default Intelligence

I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it here. My wife and I created AB/DL Facebook profiles a couple of months ago and are members of a number of groups. We are astounded by the lack of intelligence there. Spelling and grammar are mostly nonexistent. The subject matter of posts is largely unintelligent (i.e. Look at my diaper, look at my pecker, I just pooped, etc.). When we peruse ADISC.org, the content is completely different. 30 IQ point boost. Any theory on why?

I haven't been around long, but I feel that unlike facebook or other platforms, ADISC has more clear cut rules on what is, and isn't okay to talk about. Starting with intelligent forums likely helps as well.

I think it has something to do with where ones CPU is located. Most people around here have a good idea about where there's is situated and realise that there are other motivating factors in life. AKA not ruled by diaper. This leaves occasional room for considered discussion about many things..... and sometimes silly, nonsensical stuff too after all many of us do harbour little personas.

Hahahaha, what groups are you talking about? Each group attracts different types of people.

ADSIC attracts all people who are associated with diapers in some way; DL/AB/IC. And is marketed as a Support Community.
    Therefore people on here are more inclined to have proper discussions.
    i.e. https://www.adisc.org/forum/incontin...rch-paper.html

The lack of grammar may be because they want to be childish, therefore the community reacts by trying to be 'dumb'. This may not necessarily mean that the community has no intelligence, they just choose to not show it.

A way to figure this out is to run a few polls. i.e. 'do you talk in a different way on other ab/dl websites?', 'Do you have a degree from college, what degree?'

If you wanted to, you could contact a psychiatrist and ask if they could do a study.

There has been no correlations drawn so far between ab/dl and any disorders relating to IQ loss.

Using Paraphilic infantilism - Google Scholar & Diaper Lover - Google Scholar
    I was able to find this gem of information: Adult Baby/Diaper Lovers: An Exploratory Study of an Online Community Sample - Online First - Springer It costs money unless you have a uni that has subscribed to it.

N.B. cr5311 beat me to it https://www.adisc.org/forum/adult-ba...epression.html

I guess you've been a member of EX Project ? That site is full of very scary people

acorn

I do not have a problem with it here, but you might know this topic would be more fitted to another part of the site like mature topics.

There are parts of this site where some of what you've mentioned is acceptable, ie, grammar and punctuation pushed to the verge of creating a new language. People fall foul when they expect tolerance to the excesses of this to be right across the board. We have had those - from time to time, who would like to role play in the mature topics forum.

This one line says it all.

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub
    I think it has something to do with where ones CPU is located.
    The answer to your question is not a theory: This site was once for teens and as such was PG13, we are now 18+ only but still maintain the PG13 content rules.

Well, let me put it to you this way: An ABDL finding ADISC is like finding gold, because ADISC is a serious site not ruled solely by diapers. A lot of people posting that sound really really really dumb (sorry, I just had to get it out), because so far they think an ABDL site/forum should be for the unique purpose of discussing diapers, I just pooped, I wear pacifiers, etc. So the thing here is, a lot of these people are still discovering themselves, and a site such as this one, who is controlled enough to not have rampaged hormonal teens come here and discuss stupid things over and over again without being told that ADISC is for other things too, helps them mature in the ABDL sense of things (or maybe regress, too? ), which in turn leads to mature and intelligent discussions, contrary to some you find in other sites that don't have good modding, or that have no modding at all. That's just my 2 cents.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, parcelboy2, I'm impressed 296 posts in about a month? Kudos to you

TGray1978,

Well, that is a nice compliment to pay us all.

Not sure that I can decode this other than to say that the number of University Graduates / Current Students on here hints at a certain profile. Not only that but. as has been noted before, the moderators and the rules help to keep things in order.

We do seem to have a lot of people trying to figure themselves out (me included) on here. not only that but may people join looking for help, support and comfort. that requires a mature attitude to discussions. Take a look through the recent Introductions and you will find some quite distressed people coming here in desperation for some support.

All I have to say on the matter is that I'm glad that I stumbled on ADISC early on when I started looking on the Internet otherwise I'd still be one of the depressed, distressed and confused wandering in the wilderness.

DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by tgray1978 View Post
    I'm not sure where to post this so I'll post it here. My wife and I created AB/DL Facebook profiles a couple of months ago and are members of a number of groups. We are astounded by the lack of intelligence there. Spelling and grammar are mostly nonexistent. The subject matter of posts is largely unintelligent (i.e. Look at my diaper, look at my pecker, I just pooped, etc.). When we peruse ADISC.org, the content is completely different. 30 IQ point boost. Any theory on why?
    I am deeply offended, only a 30 IQ point boost?
    Mine is atleast 130...

Quote Originally Posted by tgray1978 View Post
    The subject matter of posts is largely unintelligent (i.e. Look at my diaper, look at my pecker, I just pooped, etc.). When we peruse ADISC.org, the content is completely different. 30 IQ point boost. Any theory on why?
    Probably people acting childish. Unfortunately the world is filled with fairly clueless individuals. Adisc is filled with much more mature audience, probably due to the face most of us are in the same boat and take our habits and interests seriously.