Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good diaper for a guy?

Default Good diaper for a guy?

So my fiancÚ has expressed a mild interest in trying diapers. I think I feel more awkward by it than he does but I don't really get why...
    Anyway my question is what's a good diaper to have him try - preferably in a sample pack. He has roughly a 38 inch waist.
    I'm not a boy so I don't really know what I should be looking for.

Hi, Glittered. I guess it depends on what he wants to get out of the experience. Do you think he wants something babyish? Something that will hold a lot? Something that's thin and discreet enough to wear out of the house? There's a diaper out there for everyone and every need, but a bit more information would help us find it.

-RMS

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    Hi, Glittered. I guess it depends on what he wants to get out of the experience. Do you think he wants something babyish? Something that will hold a lot? Something that's thin and discreet enough to wear out of the house? There's a diaper out there for everyone and every need, but a bit more information would help us find it.

-RMS
    I don't think he knows what he wants to get out of it, although I can say with some confidence he won't be leaving the house in them. I don't know a whole lot because he doesn't know a whole lot, just that he wants to try them.
    I would he is uncomfortable using it for a bathroom alternative. At least at first, if he actually like wearing then I suppose he might.

He's got a little bit of a belly on him, and between that and and his male anatomy I don't know what I good one would be.

My first thought was bambino Plain white ones ... But we all know the low stock saga

Okay, I'd say that capacity is important, since we don't want him to have a bad first experience. We all know how hard it is to overcome years of control training, and we want to be sure he's able to not worry about leaks.

I think the Abena level-4 diapers would be good, and I'd honestly go with the plastic-backed ones first. He may like the crinkle or he may not, but let's give him the full experience first.

If he ever wants to wear out of the house, I'd recommend the Abena DeltaForm level-3 diapers, which are a great value and are really discreet.

Finally, if he's around the same age as you, and he wants kind of a baby-like experience, I'd go with the Tena Super Stretch. For people your age, I would think these would feel closest to what you wore back when you were kids.

I think these three represent a good range of options. If you present them to him this way, you may get a better idea of what floats his boat.

-RMS

Happy to help, Glittered. For the Abena stuff, XP is absolutely the best place to get them. You can get sample packs from there too, if you want to experiment. Unfortunately, they don't carry the Tena Super Stretch, but you can get samples directly from Tena, and I believe those are free.

Let me know if you need anything else!

-RMS

Abena XPlus

Molicare Super Plus

Dry 24/7

He may just barely fit the medium size but if you go with a large size It can leak out easy (happened to me)

If discreetness isn't an issue, as it will be confined to the house--I'd say bambino would indeed be a good option. They're supposedly going to be restocking again very soon, so it might be worth waiting a while to grab some.

The main reason I'm suggesting bambino is that, for a first time wearer, the softness of the inside of a bambino can't really be beat, as far as I can tell. That might be a good thing for someone new to diapers.

The only issue is with a 38 waist, I'm not entirely sure about sizing. Bambino claims their mediums fit a bit past that, but frankly it's hard to believe. I would definitely go with a sample pack at first, to be certain which is right.

Quote Originally Posted by GlitteredArtist View Post
    So my fiancÚ has expressed a mild interest in trying diapers. I think I feel more awkward by it than he does but I don't really get why...
    Anyway my question is what's a good diaper to have him try - preferably in a sample pack. He has roughly a 38 inch waist.
    I'm not a boy so I don't really know what I should be looking for.
    I doubt HE would know what he wants, there's really nothing you can do besides guess randomly. There may be other sides of him (kinks) that you weren't aware of that will mix with the diapers. Who knows, maybe he'd actually be happiest in a frilly pink cloth diaper? He may not even know himself.

I'd recommend getting a variety sampler from somewhere. Get size large, I'm a 38 and that's unfortunately between M and L, but you'd be better off serring to the larger of the two.

ABU Ultra Sample Pack @ ABUniverse.com

I don't think that can be beat for what it is. The two boosters that they count as part of the 12 are basically junk, but the 10 diapers you get are a very good assortment. Just had a thought. Go through all 10 diapers in two evenings. Change him once an hour that could be quite fun! By the time you're through them all I'm sure he'll have a favorite or two picked out. Or at least he'll be able to tell you which ones he really DOESN'T like.

Come to think of it, that sampler is REALLY cheap. I'd get two. AND.... change each other once an hour make it as much a you-and-him thing as you can, rather than a him-and-diapers.

If you get ones that pretty-much have everything to offer, you're more likely to hit something that will interest him.

They're not my favorite because i'm in that weird place between size small and medium so they don't fit me too great, but, for example, if you got him Bambino Bellissimo, you'd have a diaper that was very thick feeling, One with a very cute pattern (but not as humiliating as having something like, "Baby" printed on it), and one that can hold a LOT before you start feeling wet.