Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it an 'act of defiance' for you?

Default Is it an 'act of defiance' for you?

I have found, thanks to ADISC, that when I wear/use my diapers, it is a total act of defiance.
    It's akin to saying, "The heck with you, World. I'm gonna do this and there is nothing you can do to stop me!'
    My fellow AB/DL's, how do you feel about this?

I feel that I need to clarify my reference to ADISC.
    I have had this fascination with using diapers all my life.
    Now that I'm free to explore the 'why's and 'how's of my genuine need to wear and use my diapers, ADISC has told me that I'm not the only one!
    The mere fact that there are others just like me had freed me from the feeling that I'm just a crazy, nutty and messed-up basket case.
    Imagine how I felt the very first time I found-out that I was not alone with my singular need.
    Jeez, what a relief!
    Last edited by bashfuldlguy; 01-Jun-2014 at 07:54. Reason: Correct an error.....Add a comma....

I've felt that way a little bit. It's such a strange behavior and desire -- so far out the box and outside the norm. I think I am acting defiantly to cultural norms and expectations when I wear diapers.

I can see your point and I am sure there are many others that wearing or using diapers is a form of 'The heck with you, World'.

However, for me, this does not describe me at all. In my case, it is both a form of stress relief (mostly) and for sexual release.

There's a lot of different reasons people get into this stuff and a lot of different attitudes. I don't see anything wrong with the mindset you described.

It's definitely not me though.

In general, it's not for me. But there are times when I'm in deep regression and I think of my mother who sent me to a shrink when I was discovered. There is a small part inside me that says, see mommy, I'm in diapers. You should have let me wear diapers when I first wanted. I'm sure Freud would have had a field day with that!

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    I've felt that way a little bit. It's such a strange behavior and desire -- so far out the box and outside the norm. I think I am acting defiantly to cultural norms and expectations when I wear diapers.
    I'd have to agree, though I have never thought of it as a type of defiance until now...

One of the most important things I learned through accepting myself is that it's only natural for human beings to have fetishes, no matter how odd they are, and it's completely normal to indulge in them in your privacy as well. So no, I don't feel like I'm "defying" anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cm90210 View Post
    Right on the money, cm90210. You've echoed my exact feelings......

No... I don't look at my diapers and the wearing of diapers as an act of defiance.
    if there would be a totalitarian state where I'd live, that would suppress my human rights, and I would fight against that, well I'd look at this then as an act of defiance.

For me diapers:
    90% Practical usage to cover my medical Issue (IC), 8% Comfort Item, 2% Sexual Item.
    That leaves 0% for anything like fighting the social norm with diapers, acts of defiance through diapers, etc...