Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A Crib That Stores Under Your Bed...

Default A Crib That Stores Under Your Bed...

Hey all,

For those who haven't seen this crib design, I have the website up now:

Babica Products

That's a neat looking crib for playtime.

I've always been fascinated by AB products that could be removed and stored at will. Very cute design.

Notice that it's a play crib and sets on the floor. It's still cool however. I wonder if a small mattress can fit inside the crib?

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Notice that it's a play crib and sets on the floor. It's still cool however. I wonder if a small mattress can fit inside the crib?
    The site says a twin fits in it

Alas, I feel like my pics are not illustrating the design very well, and I need to give more information, both of which I am working on. This design bears no weight. Basically, I design it for the bed you currently sleep on. If you have a twin-sized bed that sits 3 feet off the floor, or a king-sized waterbed, I build your crib based on your dimensions.

I realized at some point that I am not trying to design something that bears weight, I am creating a prop to help people feel good about where they sleep. When you lie in this "PlayCrib," you feel like you are in a crib. If you have a crib bumper around the inside, you can't see the floor when you lie in it, you can only look up and see the 4 foot long and thick bars surrounding you. The illusion is near perfect if you have high ceilings (like 15+ feet).

You can also throw it on a mat, make an 80' X 80' square playpen, and have a party.

I will update the pics to illustrate this as soon as I can, possibly with some instructional videos

Quote Originally Posted by Ungulate View Post
    Alas, I feel like my pics are not illustrating the design very well, and I need to give more information, both of which I am working on. This design bears no weight. Basically, I design it for the bed you currently sleep on. If you have a twin-sized bed that sits 3 feet off the floor, or a king-sized waterbed, I build your crib based on your dimensions.

I realized at some point that I am not trying to design something that bears weight, I am creating a prop to help people feel good about where they sleep. When you lie in this "PlayCrib," you feel like you are in a crib. If you have a crib bumper around the inside, you can't see the floor when you lie in it, you can only look up and see the 4 foot long and thick bars surrounding you. The illusion is near perfect if you have high ceilings (like 15+ feet).

You can also throw it on a mat, make an 80' X 80' square playpen, and have a party.

I will update the pics to illustrate this as soon as I can, possibly with some instructional videos
    I feel terrible for first misunderstanding, I'm glad you clarified! This is so so cool, just out of my price range. Good work though, very cool.

hmm, i'd imagine that it would take some practice to disasseble and reassemble it in a timely fashion.(not criticizing, just making an observation as i consider it)

i love the design...if my circumstances were more favorable, i'd definitely order one.

also, i think instructional vids would be great, might even help give an idea on how stable it is.

would love to have one but you cant get them in ireland and post id say would be very expensive + customs charges

Am I the only one who noticed the word "MODULAR" and immediately thought "OH S**T THIS IS INFINITELY EXPANDABLE AND CAN POSSIBLY HAVE CUSTOM PARTS MADE EASILY FOR IT!"?