Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper Waddle

Default Diaper Waddle

So, I've been wearing a lot more recently. The main thing that is stopping me going 24/7 is concern over discovery

The hardest thing to hide seems to be the diaper waddle especially after a wetting or two.

How do those who wear 24/7 hide / manage the waddle?

DLE

I dont like to be discovered either!!! I find that i feel comfortable only wetting around people that know me once, they dont see any extra bulge!!! But around people that dont know me I dont care wet to the max because they dont know my size and just see my swelling as normal shape as they dont know!! but i have to be careful not to leak as i love to max out and tend not to see wet spots around the edges when it happens to leak through

Lozza1979

I've never had an issue with nappy waddle.The only time I had issues walking was when wearing a bulky Abena M4, but that was just the feeling of it bunching between the legs.I wear thin nappies like Attends regular 10 or 9 which don't bulk between the legs so much when wet, yet can still take some heavy wetting.In other words wear a less bulky nappy and you shouldn't have an issue with walking.

To be honest, I have never understood the oft-repeated notion of diaper "waddle." I mean, obviously toddlers waddle, but there is a very good reason for that. Well, actually there are two: first of all, they are not yet quite stable on their feet anyway. And second, the mass of the diaper relative to the size of their posteriors is enormous.

Adults, on the other hand...

I don't care what the diaper is. I've worn Abenas, Bellissimos, Dry 24/7s, etc: it does not matter. Sure, they bunch between my legs. Of course they do. But they certainly don't make me waddle, wet, dry, or in whatever condition.

Maybe it is a product of proportion: I am 5'7. Maybe if I were smaller? I don't know. I just don't get it...

If anything, walk with a wider stance. Females especially walk with their feet and knees touching, while men don't (as much). Instead, adopt a wider stance where you walk with your legs at hip-width apart and practice it. Tada, zero or less waddle.

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post

I don't care what the diaper is......they certainly don't make me waddle, wet, dry, or in whatever condition.
    for as long as there are dispies

Quote Originally Posted by ICkaraokegirl View Post
    Maybe it is a product of proportion: I am 5'7. Maybe if I were smaller? I don't know. I just don't get it...
    i'm a fair bit smaller and don't have any waddling issues with dispies. and i don't know why some people make a big issue of noticeability of dispies: modern dispies are barely noticeable, to others and oneself.
    perhaps the young uns and newbies should have to undergo a period of wearing trads to see how things were in the olden days; days when people who had/chose to wear, were seldom seen, for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    i'm a fair bit smaller and don't have any waddling issues with dispies. and i don't know why some people make a big issue of noticeability of dispies: modern dispies are barely noticeable, to others and oneself.
    perhaps the young uns and newbies should have to undergo a period of wearing trads to see how things were in the olden days; days when people who had/chose to wear, were seldom seen, for obvious reasons.
    Yes. I have not worn cloth diapers in a very long time, but I do recall that these do indeed cause the "waddle" effect. But then they are ridiculously bulky. (Of course I am talking about traditional birdseye diapers, maybe four at a time, pinned on under plastic pants. Modern one-piece velcro diapers may not have the same issues...)

I think that diaper waddle pretty much went away with the introduction of super-absorbent polymers. With SAP, diapers got a lot thinner when dry. And when wet, high-SAP diapers turn to mush that quickly gets distributed vertically between your legs within a few steps worth of walking, meaning that wet diapers are even less waddle-inducing that dry ones.

I think thinking you have a diaper waddle is a lot like thinking the crinkle sound is very loud. We see them as being more obtrusive because we fear being found out. In reality, other people don't notice. I would be more concerned about the smell of urine if your diaper has been wet for a while.

you still can't really hide it 100% if you're in a thick diaper even with "wider stance"