Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Does Marijuana Improve Vision?

Default Does Marijuana Improve Vision?

Let me first say this.
    I am NOT promoting or glorifying the use of drugs in any way. Just curious about something.

I'm legally blind. I only have one eye and I only have about 3-5% vision in it and my eye constantly moves and I don't really have any control of it. But I've noticed that my vision improves drastically when high. At first I thought it was just because I was stoned but it's been consistent for the last couple of years. I notice I can get around and not run into things after hitting the bowl. I can even see things farther away than usual. I was wondering if weed improves vision. What do you think?

Maybe! Marijuana is known for lowering blood pressure, and blood pressure swings are known to be connected with vision. Transitive relationship? Perhaps. It doesn't feel like much of a stretch, anyway.

Did some looking on PubMed. Can't find anything about it improving vision, but there are some studies that show THC may have protective qualities against degenerative conditions that affect the optic nerve.

In this context, the use of therapies such as cannabinoids, effective not only in preserving photoreceptor loss but also in slowing the degeneration of inner retinal layers, may be especially interesting in combination with other therapies based on the transplantation of stem cells, anti-inflammatory or anti-apoptotic agents, and artificial chips, among others.
    Emphasis on "may" and "in combination with." Link.

WTF ??? Probably it get vision worse, if you smoke more than you'd.

Quote Originally Posted by AEsahaettr View Post
    Did some looking on PubMed. Can't find anything about it improving vision, but there are some studies that show THC may have protective qualities against degenerative conditions that affect the optic nerve.
    Link.
    That's what I have.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CrazySmoker View Post
    WTF ??? Probably it get vision worse, if you smoke more than you'd.
    That's what I thought too but that's not what happened.

Well they call it a "medicinal" herb for a reason, so probably. I'm not a smoker myself and am not promoting it, but I've seen it do more good than harm amongst friends and family from treating anxiety, depression, blood pressure, cancer, arthritis, respiratory problems and yes, even improved eye site. So I wouldn't rule it out...

Quote Originally Posted by Note View Post
    Well they call it a "medicinal" herb for a reason, so probably. I'm not a smoker myself and am not promoting it, but I've seen it do more good than harm amongst friends and family from treating anxiety, depression, blood pressure, cancer, arthritis, respiratory problems and yes, even improved eye site. So I wouldn't rule it out...
    Yet it is know to CAUSE:
    - Depression
    - Schizophrenia
    - Cancer
    - Respiratory Problem
    - Dependency Issues
    - Cognitive & Motor skill impairments

Yes I am quite aware of that, but I am only going by first hand and personal experiences only, not what is in a medical journal or has been propagated by the government, or media. I've grown up around it all my life and I have seen the good, and the bad that comes from it; but in my inner circles the results from using it have mostly been positive... Anyway I'm not getting into a contention about it, sorry...
    Last edited by Speck; 31-May-2014 at 11:20.

Ive heard about it is supposed to slow or stop things getting worse when you have glaucoma.

Lol, have you been watching those old government warnings about marijuana? You probably get those facts from the same people that said Marijuana
    had a side effect that made men grow tits. I know a lot of potheads and they never grew tits.