Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: USPS useless !

Default USPS useless !

I brought some cd's over a week ago and they were posted on the 24th the tracking showed they'd left Punta gorda PO on that day but they were only process through Miami yesterday 30th !
    So where were they for 6 days ?
    I know Monday was a holiday day but come on 1 day off extra don't = 4 days back log

The postal services tracking is horrid. The 24the was a Saturday, mail doesn't move on Sundays, and neither did it Monday. Unless it is priority mail or express mail, there is no guarantee off delivery time. First class mail in the continental US is 3 to 5 business days. Add it leaving the mainland or holiday or disruption to travel and it takes longer. Often the package will appear to sit someplace for a few days and the magically appear to travel large distances and be delivered

I don't USUALLY have a problem with them but on occasion, yes it has been a pain.

Well it's left Miami at 1.30 their time this morning , hopefully should be here Tuesday and Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by parcelboy2 View Post
    So where were they for 6 days ?
    I know Monday was a holiday day but come on 1 day off extra don't = 4 days back log
    sorry about that. my cd tray jammed as i copied them.

only kidding (i don't even live on that side of the puddle).
    but, you know logistics: sometimes, things can get misplaced. what, you don't think i paid for that carpet in the living-room, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by ade View Post
    sorry about that. my cd tray jammed as i copied them.

only kidding (i don't even live on that side of the puddle).
    but, you know logistics: sometimes, things can get misplaced. what, you don't think i paid for that carpet in the living-room, do you?
    Do you work for Yodel then ?

USPS is garbage. Recently I ordered a set of hardback books and upon opening the damaged package I found that the corners of 3 of the books looked like they had been pile-driven into the ground. All three books sustained corner damage to each cover and the pages within were also damaged throughout the books. To execute such damage considering the packaging they were in would have taken an obvious attempt to damage it.

I have seen other remarkable damages to packages personally that leave one wondering if neanderthals were handling the shipment. A friend of mine once recieved his pneumatic car hood support that was bent into a "U" shape. It was almost comical to see the package it arrived in.

I will choose any other shipping option other than USPS given the choice.

I shipped a box of candies and cookies my wife had made to my Dad one year for Christmas through USPS. It was sent two weeks before Christmas, it arrived after New Year's Day. When it showed up, it was in a large plastic bag--the box itself had been soaked with water to the point it had disintegrated completely. I've had USPS 'lose' three weeks of mail I had put on hold while on vacation (try telling every one who sent you a bill that the USPS lost it and see how nice a response you get). When they screw up, they never do it 'a little bit', they always make major screw ups.

I personally use FedEx when and where I can. I've used them and UPS before, and UPS has delayed and lost things I've ordered (we recently switched to UPS where I work because of cost and in the first two months they've already lost packages where FedEx had a perfect record). FedEx has had the best record I have seen overall in my personal life.

I've noticed that it always matters where you live and where it tracks through. Colorado has been HORRID when it comes to sending and receiving through the USPS! Things arrive broken either in or out, or sometimes just don't show up at all. I had luck with a small bubble mailer that got sent into the grand valley, then sent back to Denver because I forgot I put a rerouting note on that address (It was a temporary address) and somehow it made it back in only 3 days!

But on the flipside, I currently reside in New Jersey and never have a problem with them. Oddly, around here its UPS and FedEx with the dangerous track records- They're more likely to leave packages in bad locations, or throw them over fences instead of actually delivering them. My favorite was when FedEx put my $1k drawing tablet in the bushes...in the snow. Thanks guys.

CrinklySiren

Default USPS useless !

oh yes. USPS is quite the offensive pile of rhino manure.

Not to mention the post locations to go drop off or pick up an undelivered item.. .everyone working there is miserable and wants you to be JUST as miserable with them... Never seen such a rude bunch of pricks in my life as I've seen in USPS post offices... I would sooner choose UPS or FedEx any day.. get my stuff on time, right tracking number, and they actually LEAVE MY STUFF AT THE DOORSTEP LIKE I ASKED!! instead of telling me "we never leave things on door steps *smug look*" ugh... im getting riled up just thinking about USELESSPS
    Last edited by CrinklySiren; 03-Jun-2014 at 18:01.