Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did I do it right

Default Did I do it right

I'm just staring out in my love for diapers. Last time I wore diapers I wasn't using adult diapers. So my partner was loving and caring to order me some tena diapers. Thing is I don't know if I got the right size. See I'm not the smallest guy like I was back in my teenage years. I was reading what tena said on their website for mediums the would fit a waist/hip 34-47. I wear size 42 pants without any issues at all. Yet these diapers don't seem to fit right. In the crotch area they seem to tight and its seems like I don't get the diaper on just properly and seem to take a few adjustments to get them right and by that time the velcro has worn out so much that they pop off. The picture showing how they go on shows the velcro straps going in the front with the bottom facing up and top facing down. With me the velcro straps are located on my thighs. I got a feeling i got the wrong size. However they seem big on my partner so I'm hoping the smalls fit him well.

So any idea what I did wrong. Should've I gone with the large. Does like your regular underwear size technically mean what your diaper size should be. I wear large underwear. Partner wears small to medium under.

I'd definitely try a large at your size. I think the medium range is often overly optimistic in terms of what would be a good and comfortable fit. Samples are always good if you have the option, particularly if it's an expensive diaper but in general, I'd say go with large.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'd definitely try a large at your size. I think the medium range is often overly optimistic in terms of what would be a good and comfortable fit. Samples are always good if you have the option, particularly if it's an expensive diaper but in general, I'd say go with large.
    Yeah after I posted this topic it was time to put on a new one. I'm gonna be honest I will eventually try a large but I also got a feeling I haven't really mastered the putting a diaper on part yet. This last time I tried with laying down and I actually gave a good tug on the diaper to get it into the crotch area. I strapped it on and it seemed alright just sagged a little bit but I just redid the top two straps and walked around the house for a good while. So i think the mediums will keep me comfortable around the house. The whole out in public scares me a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mikebook89 View Post
    Yeah after I posted this topic it was time to put on a new one. I'm gonna be honest I will eventually try a large but I also got a feeling I haven't really mastered the putting a diaper on part yet. This last time I tried with laying down and I actually gave a good tug on the diaper to get it into the crotch area. I strapped it on and it seemed alright just sagged a little bit but I just redid the top two straps and walked around the house for a good while. So i think the mediums will keep me comfortable around the house. The whole out in public scares me a bit.
    Some people prefer putting them on while standing, with their backs against a wall. I'm comfortable with either. I remember reading that you should put them in on the position you're going to primarily be in while wearing and there might be something to that.

Discreet wearing in public isn't so hard as we often think. It's really just a matter of matching the diaper to the kind of clothes you're wearing. If it's crinkly, it's much less likely to be heard than we think and even less likely to be identified for what it is if it is heard. I won't say that no one will ever know but mostly it's paranoia on our parts and you can just go on about your life while diapered with no trouble.

Its difficult the first time. I had the right size, and I wasn't doing it right!

Always go by the sizes in inches. I wear a small or x-small, but since I'm female, i usually wear a medium.

Like Trevor said, sample packs are your friends!

And on the topic of wearing diapers out, it takes a level of practice and confidence along with a bit of intelligence. Adsic has a wonderful article about it!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalMelody View Post
    Always go by the sizes in inches.
    Hey! What's wrong with centimetres?! Ha ha!

My waist is about 84cm (or 33 inches for the metric-haters!) and medium size diapers tend to be the perfect size for me. The Tena Slips are pretty small compared to others, though, so I imagine that larger people who tend to use mediums with other brands might need to go for the large Tenas...

I can say that I have had the same issue when I started out. I've only been indulging quite recently. The first two were a bit of a disaster. On the other hand, I've gotten better at it now. And yes, I've found that some brands are a bit optimistic on sizings. It seems to be the thigh circumference that makes the main difference.

My tip is put them on standing up and sort the bottom tapes first to ensure a good, snug leak proof seal around the legs. Then sort the top tabs.

As to going out on public, I'm padded 24/7 over this weekend and I went (on public transport) to the DIY / Hard wear store padded this morning. Just make sure that your trousers are loose and your belt is secure. I bumped into one of my friends on the bus and even sat next to them. They did not notice. Nothing was said, not even a strange look.

Any way, time for a change and then back to the DIY! (My LG is not enjoying these manly pursuits but hey...)

DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by SissyDLE View Post
    I can say that I have had the same issue when I started out. I've only been indulging quite recently. The first two were a bit of a disaster. On the other hand, I've gotten better at it now. And yes, I've found that some brands are a bit optimistic on sizings. It seems to be the thigh circumference that makes the main difference.

My tip is put them on standing up and sort the bottom tapes first to ensure a good, snug leak proof seal around the legs. Then sort the top tabs.

As to going out on public, I'm padded 24/7 over this weekend and I went (on public transport) to the DIY / Hard wear store padded this morning. Just make sure that your trousers are loose and your belt is secure. I bumped into one of my friends on the bus and even sat next to them. They did not notice. Nothing was said, not even a strange look.

Any way, time for a change and then back to the DIY! (My LG is not enjoying these manly pursuits but hey...)

DLE.
    You know never really thought it to be the my thigh circumference. My thighs are not like huge lol but they aren't small. For right now the mediums seem to be okay and when I need more I will go with the large.

I'm in the same boat on some brands yet others are very roomy.

Molicare Super Plus is very roomy yet the Comficare (a much better diaper) is on the small side.

DLE.

Quote Originally Posted by SissyDLE View Post
    I'm in the same boat on some brands yet others are very roomy.

Molicare Super Plus is very roomy yet the Comficare (a much better diaper) is on the small side.

DLE.
    Yeah just my partners diapers came into. So excited. He is too. The only issue is his dad is hanging around and won't leave. I really want to put something comfortable and relaxing on.