Thread: Diapered enough to go freely

Question Diapered enough to go freely

I was wondering if it is possible for some one with shy bladder to eventually go freely in a diaper with out having to go 24/7 in them. How much do I have to wear them and how long of duration for each time? I will be moving soon and will be out of a job until I figure out what I want to do. I will have the ability to do something close to 24/7 but I also will be hanging out with friends every so often who with luck will help me in my job hunt.

Also since I will be out of a job I won't be able to buy diapers with my benefits alone. I will be switching to cloth diapers. I have purchased a little more than 5yd of bamboo fabric to make a couple cloth diapers. I have a pattern for diapers and should have a couple made before I run out of the other.

Thanks. I know I say that a lot but this forum is just that. (Helpful and friendly)

Sounds like a great plan. With making diapers yourself you will just have to figure out how many layers you are most comfortable in and how often you need to change in order to achieve that. With a shy bladder not cooperating at first you can just go to the potty as usual and just leave it on when you pee. Hopefully that gets you in the mood. You can run the water or drink some water if that is not working well enough.

I think the key to being able to 'go freely' in a diaper is trusting that the diaper will do its job and not let you down. You need to be confident, both consciously and subconsciously, that the diaper isn't going to leak or smell.

I'd suggest trying different diapers, folds (if cloth), plastic pants and so on until you find a combination that works for you. You can then wear it often, get to know its limits and build up your confidence in it. I suspect you'll then find it easier to go as time moves on.

I have worn diapers on and off forever but just recently like the last 4 months I have been wearing way more often. I totally agree that until you are confident of the diaper you are wearing you will not just go without trying. I have worn a diaper every night for a while and will wake up in the morning wet. At first I remember waking up and going but now I will have no recollection of going but will be soaked. But the few times I wore a pull-up or cheap diaper to bed I will wake up dry remembering that I woke up at night knowing I could not go in it.