Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids are not stupid

Default Kids are not stupid

So my Tena Maxi Slips came and I had them on the floor in my room right by my chair and my son was stepping on them and I told him to get off them and he pointed to them and said "baby diapers"and I said no they're not and tossed them aside then he said "mommy diapers" and I said no again. I then thought "Oh shit, he knows what they are."

You can call them briefs or your underwear or pants or whatever, kids still know what they are and they are brutally honest at that young age. But I admit I did find it cute he called them mommy diapers. I just wonder how 24/7 parents do it? Do their kids know they wear them? How do they keep them from knowing?
    24/7 diaper wearer parents always fascinate me.

Hehe, that is kinda cute. Well i think it is good that you are trying to keep it from him that they are actually 'mommy diapers'. I have no real good imput on this really, but i have to say that this is something that I see myself having to deal with one day, at least if I ever get married and also if I have kids.

I just wish I didn't correct him lol but I have a habit of correcting someone when they are wrong about something. I once corrected my boss on his grammar and luckily he didn't say anything and it slipped when I did it.

I'm always amazed as to how intuitive little kids are. We have three and six year old grandchildren and they astound me. Kids are more aware and smarter than we give them credit. How incredible the human species is!

Yeah, my kids kinda know. They do not stay out of my room. I ordered discreetly but they just got too excited when the package came so they found out. I put them out of sight in my room, but not so they could not find them. I have some on the back of my night stand and it has two shelves so I put them on the bottom shelf and put something in front of them. So today my dad came over and I thought I would put away some of my stuff. So then I realized I had my pull-ups hiding behind my huggies wipes tub and my baby powder. My kids are 8-16 so with me being 24/7 and using cloth at night there is about zero chance they will not see something go through the wash or my plastic hanging up to dry. So I just told them they were just disposable underwear and asked if they'd like to try some.
    F.L.

I just hope he doesn't say anything, when I was a little one, I always told the story of how momma burnt the baby bottles when cleaning sterilizing them in boiling water, she always got mad at that XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fenrierlilfolf View Post
    I just hope he doesn't say anything, when I was a little one, I always told the story of how momma burnt the baby bottles when cleaning sterilizing them in boiling water, she always got mad at that XD
    Why would that be something to get mad about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    Yeah, my kids kinda know. They do not stay out of my room. I ordered discreetly but they just got too excited when the package came so they found out. I put them out of sight in my room, but not so they could not find them. I have some on the back of my night stand and it has two shelves so I put them on the bottom shelf and put something in front of them. So today my dad came over and I thought I would put away some of my stuff. So then I realized I had my pull-ups hiding behind my huggies wipes tub and my baby powder. My kids are 8-16 so with me being 24/7 and using cloth at night there is about zero chance they will not see something go through the wash or my plastic hanging up to dry. So I just told them they were just disposable underwear and asked if they'd like to try some.
    F.L.
    And what did they say? What if they had said yes?

My daughter has one. Trying it for next time of the month comes around I guess. I told her they work great for that.

Oh you mean her period. It sounds like they all sound cool about it and they are not ruined or affected by it.

That is funny lol my son refers to my back pack as my diaper bag all the time LOL, and he's 13 physically mentally about 7 of course it hard to hide our diapers here since they are delivered my a medical supply truck every month.