Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Say "Cheese"

Talking Say "Cheese"

No, not planning on snapping a pic of you. Just wondering if anyone else on ADISC craves cheese by itself and/or food dishes made with cheese.

I love aged Swiss cheese on saltine crackers and munch on them as a late night snack with some red wine, as I've mentioned on other threads. Really, any kind of sliced cheese on crackers is very tasty to me. My salad dressing favorite is bleu cheese. I make my own from a recipe because most store bought varieties have too much vinegar which overwhelms the taste of the cheese. For macaroni & cheese I also like it best homemade using extra sharp cheddar - the sharper the better. Veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, and brussel sprouts are absolutely scrumptious with a velveeta or cheddar sauce poured over them. Then there's scrambled eggs cooked up with velveeta cheese. Also can't forget a good ol' grilled cheese sandwich with american cheese. Yummy!!!

Maybe I have a calcium deficiency making me crave cheese so often. Even though a dairy product, I'm fortunate cheese doesn't blow me up like milk does. Just have to keep a check on my cholesterol to make sure the cheese I love to eat isn't going to cause me unexpected problems down the road.

Any other cheese cravers out there in ADISC-land?

Footed P.J.

I do love me some Cracker Barrel sharp cheddar on Triscuits, or some swiss on a Subway sub.

I love cheese!
    Especially that Dutch Edam cheese.

By itself is fine, but I like melted cheese toasties... *drools*

I love cheddar and parmesan and anything containing them. I am also quiet a fan of mozerella. Other forms of cheese just don't appeal to me. I have these three that I love, and other cheeses produce apathy at best and outright disgust at worst. If it contains these though I am very likely to love it, unless it contains anything from the long list of foodstuffs I don't like.

<-- is very picky with food

Quote Originally Posted by mzkkbprmt View Post
    I love cheddar and parmesan and anything containing them. I am also quiet a fan of mozerella.
    YES!!! Dummy me...I completely left out pizza with extra mozerella cheese, spaghetti with plenty of grated parmesan and romano cheese, and sandwiches made with a chicken patty, sliced provolone or mozerella, and italian sauce. My mouth's watering now!

I must be the odd one out here. As much as I like cheese in rolls, or on food like bolognese, I can't stand it on its own.

I don't really have cheese on my own that much...But I have...Colby jack or monterey jack is what I prefer...Now I wish we had some that I can eat D:

cheese = :bf-holymoly:= <3

stinky cheese = not so much:bf-skunky:

Parmigiano Reggiano, Sharp Cheddar, Jalapeno pepper Jack are my favorites, but I like many more.