Page 1 of 19 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Ey, want to see my diaper?

Default Ey, want to see my diaper?

Before someone questions the actual title - I chose it deliberately with the goal to attract the focus to a topic that has been bothering me for some time...

Every now and then there comes up a topic that either blatantly direct or through a backdoor leads to people saying how they choose to expose their diapered behinds to the public.

then usually the bickering back and forth starts.

To make one thing clear, as clear as I can: I DO NOT care whatever it is you do AT HOME, in PRIVACY. None of my business if you like to stuff bananas into a place where the sun never shines then run naked around the house and listen to the Be Gees. If that floats your boat, enjoy. I will not even judge you - not even remotely. If it makes you happy, go for it.
    And I can say, I'd go as far as not to care either if you choose to do the same thing somewhere off the grid, in a very remote forest location, far off from the masses, where maybe your worst scenario would be shocking a deer.

I've read time after time again of people here who chose though to deliberately expose their diapers usually accompanied with some sort of lame excuse or an attempt at justification.
    It doesn't work.

And I'm not talking about the "law" either.

Also people have said: why do I care? well for one, being incontinent, young (thus outside of the usual group of suspected diaper wearers) and dependent on incontinent products it DOES INDEED affect me, negatively.
    In terms of projecting an already off-set image unto people who need to wear those products for medical reasons. Nowdays after Talkshows, news reports, etc.. if someone who's no kid anymore and not a geezer either is spotted in diaper: "sick freak". I'm just saying: THANK YOU - thank you to all the exhibitionists who care only for their own smallminded attempt of exposure-attention-seeking to fulfill some odd desire. thanks.

To sum my rant up:
    - There is not a single working "justification" for an adult to run around in nothing but diapers, To willfully expose his diapers to the public
    - It's an egoistic act, done for self pleasure in total disregard of the effect it has on others

Please, I urge anyone who has those desires to think twice... thrice if it helps.
    You're not alone on this world, our actions have influences on the people around us.

You make a good point and I feel the same way. We justify acting on our desires by claiming they don't hurt anyone else. This is where we draw the line and if ABDL activity negatively effects others in the ABDL community, or anyone else, then we judge that activity to be wrong.

Makes perfect sense, but let me play devil's advocate here.

For some, the pleasure gotten from acting on these strange desires is enhanced by including some public exposure. In reality, as long as proper sanitation is observed and there is no overt attempt to disrupt public functions, no real harm is done by someone occasionally exposing his/her diapered bottom. Any harm you feel is caused by people who feel they have a right to judge you, a feeling that is exploited by the media seeking to improve it's profits by sensationalizing minor events. If wearing diapers for pleasure is wrong then we should be punished. If it's not wrong then the ones who try to punish us in some way are the ones that are wrong.

Being as most of us are deviating from society's norms, I think there's also a tendency in some of us to resent those norms and to spite them in some way when we can. Yes, there's exhibitionism, but isn't exhibitionism a symptom of that same mentality? I would think so.

Anyway, the short of it is that I agree with the OP, and I tend to regard exposure -- whether directly, or indirectly through neglect of discretion -- as just misguided aggression. Sometimes social norms are like a cage that one needs to break out of. Other times, they're more like the animal in the cage -- a captive victim that is all too easily exploited by people who feel they have an axe to grind.

In most cases, our being babies is a harmless diversion. In this case: Grow up, people!

First of all, an incontinent person would not try and show their diapers off in public and would try and hide them and make sure they are well hidden unless they are one of those AB/DLs that love to show them off so they make it so obvious. When they show unintentionally, you just have to happen to be looking in the right direction or be very observant to even see it.

EP01, I'm sympathetic to your concern, but I wonder if you're placing blame in the right place.

It's not just because of exhibitionist ABDLs that people know that there's such a thing as a diaper fetish. It's also because of advice columns. (Letters from significant others of fetishists are common, and not just in Savage Love.) It's also because of talk shows. It's also because of ordinary gossip.

If people notice that you are wearing a diaper, despite your efforts at discretion, and they conclude that you're probably a diaper fetishist, it's probably not because they've seen an exhibitionist ABDL out on the street. It's probably because they're aware of the existence of diaper fetishists from some other source, and they're not aware of the number of people in their 20s and 30s who need diapers for medical reasons.

This puts you in a difficult situation. I'm not sure I see a good solution for it. Trying to make the public more aware of the existence of medical need for diapers among healthy-looking, young adults is probably more productive than trying to keep the public from finding out that diaper fetishists exist. That cat has been out of the bag for a long time.

I feel that common decency should keep people from running about in public with their diapers fully exposed. It's one of those things where just because you can do it, doesn't mean you should.

Nevertheless, while most ab/dl's seem to have such decency, there's always going to be a few bad apples in the bunch. No matter how much we discourage them, or tell them what they're doing is disrespectful to themselves and those around them, they're going to keep doing it. There's always extremists, in everything from kinks to religion.

On the other hand, if one is otherwise properly dressed and behaving normally in a public setting, and a diaper occasionally peeks out from the top of his/her pants, I don't really have a problem with it. I see it as a mild form of exhibitionism that is mainly harmless, as long as it's not done in the workplace or anywhere else the person in question is well known. I feel most people, if they noticed, would assume the diaper is needed.

acorn

For a brief moment before following the link, I thought the OP was polling to find out who wants to see his diaper. The WTF moment is over, but it was good while it lasted.

I am happy the OP won't judge me for listening to the Be Gees, of the other peeves mentioned I am innocent.

I would be in agreement with the everyone, but I would also include Butt cracks, underwear tops, and muffin tops.

I do have a gut and I make every attempt to keep it covered, but occasionally things show. I cover it up as much as possible.

If its out I do not need a rude reminder, and if you are parading such items around then do not get offended by the rude comments.

I suppose it's just a personality thing, but I'd never intentionally let a diaper be seen by anyone in any way if I can help it. This includes a bit poking out the back of my shorts (which bambinos apparently tend to do).

Perhaps that's why wearing out in public at all is often something I don't particularly care for, because it's a constant struggle for me to be non-stop tugging my shirt down in the back time and time again. I have a bad habit of wearing cargo shorts that are a bit too large for me, which doesnt usually help out the diaper situation. Basically, I'm simply too paranoid to relax enough to have diapers in public.

Even if I wasn't this way though, I'd still probably not wear out in public anyways, so I guess its sort of a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    Before someone questions the actual title - I chose it deliberately with the goal to attract the focus to a topic that has been bothering me for some time...

Every now and then there comes up a topic that either blatantly direct or through a backdoor leads to people saying how they choose to expose their diapered behinds to the public.

then usually the bickering back and forth starts.

To make one thing clear, as clear as I can: I DO NOT care whatever it is you do AT HOME, in PRIVACY. None of my business if you like to stuff bananas into a place where the sun never shines then run naked around the house and listen to the Be Gees. If that floats your boat, enjoy. I will not even judge you - not even remotely. If it makes you happy, go for it.
    And I can say, I'd go as far as not to care either if you choose to do the same thing somewhere off the grid, in a very remote forest location, far off from the masses, where maybe your worst scenario would be shocking a deer.

I've read time after time again of people here who chose though to deliberately expose their diapers usually accompanied with some sort of lame excuse or an attempt at justification.
    It doesn't work.

And I'm not talking about the "law" either.

Also people have said: why do I care? well for one, being incontinent, young (thus outside of the usual group of suspected diaper wearers) and dependent on incontinent products it DOES INDEED affect me, negatively.
    In terms of projecting an already off-set image unto people who need to wear those products for medical reasons. Nowdays after Talkshows, news reports, etc.. if someone who's no kid anymore and not a geezer either is spotted in diaper: "sick freak". I'm just saying: THANK YOU - thank you to all the exhibitionists who care only for their own smallminded attempt of exposure-attention-seeking to fulfill some odd desire. thanks.

To sum my rant up:
    - There is not a single working "justification" for an adult to run around in nothing but diapers, To willfully expose his diapers to the public
    - It's an egoistic act, done for self pleasure in total disregard of the effect it has on others

Please, I urge anyone who has those desires to think twice... thrice if it helps.
    You're not alone on this world, our actions have influences on the people around us.
    You know, this same series of arguments exists against Pride parades. "Oh, those sick freaks barely covered and gyrating around and garishly dressed and the drag queens, they're making us look like sick freaks!" There's a whole contingent of the gay community that hates Pride and thinks LGBT rights would be so much further along if there'd never been Pride parades. I refer to these folks as the suit-and-tie gays. They want quiet conformity and obedience

I find this whole line of reasoning disgusting. It's basically a form of elitism, of trying to make one's self look/feel better by denigrating and marginalizing those one finds undesirable. I've said before (specifically around the Pride parade/LGBT rights topic) that if we're not all equal, none of us are. I do not find value in marginalizing segments of a community. I do not believe it is right or correct or proper to stifle individuality. I do not feel that it is good for any of us to champion or strive toward homogeneity and that those who do largely do so out of an inability to consider anything outside their own viewpoints.

And I feel the same way regarding exposed diapers. To your concluding points, that there is no justification and that it's purely egoistic: So what? Why does anyone need to justify it anymore than one has to justify listening to a certain band or ordering Chinese food instead of pizza? What if the justification is simply "Because I want to?" I wanted to wear blue chinos today instead of khaki chinos. So what? There are easy and numerous justifications for not wearing an exposed diaper in public, but if one really wants to, so what? That's on them. It's their life and their choice. And something being for self-pleasure? Again, so what? You know, I order Chinese food at least once per week, yet I order pizza barely once per month. This is purely for self-pleasure. I like Chinese food, I'm going to order it. I don't wear or own blue jeans because I don't like how they feel or fit, so I wear khakis and chinos and slacks. This is for self-pleasure.

I've never been secretive here about the fact that I've been in public with nothing but a diaper. The most notable time was five-ish years ago leaving a fetish night at a bar in Toronto. I never bothered to put my pants back on and I walked several blocks to the parking ramp where we had parked. Looking back on it now, I don't regret doing it, and if I were to have the chance to redo those few moments, I would not take it. My justification for doing it was that I felt like walking down the street in a diaper and didn't want to put my pants back on. And yeah, it was because of how *I* felt about the matter. If you don't want to expose your diapers, then don't expose your diapers. I don't care. If you want to expose your diapers, then expose them.

You're right-our actions do affect those around us. My wearing a diaper with nothing over it in Toronto maybe bothered someone in the same way someone who wears a hat with no regard to hat etiquette bothers me. Your telling me and everyone else that diaper exposure is terrible horrible evil works to create shame and fear and guilt in anyone that considers violation of social norms.