Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: using a pacifier for teeth grinding during the day

  1. #1

    Default using a pacifier for teeth grinding during the day

    Was wondering if anyone has used a pacifier during the day for teeth grinding. I recently started taking my ADHD medicine again but ever since I started I have been grinding my teeth all the time. I don't really like gum I think its kinda gross.

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    Was wondering if anyone has used a pacifier during the day for teeth grinding. I recently started taking my ADHD medicine again but ever since I started I have been grinding my teeth all the time. I don't really like gum I think its kinda gross.
    Until just recently, I worked as an instructional assistant at a junior high school and I have seen the occasional student with a pacifier in their mouth. For one student it was for stress relief, but I've heard other students complain about the side affects from their Ritalin. I wouldn't be surprised if a pacifier wasn't recommended by their doctor to deal with teeth grinding. My feeling is that if it works for you, you would be justified in using one and not caring about what others may think. If skeptical people worked with my kids, they would understand.

  3. #3

    Default

    not during the day! but yes at night I have been grinding for thirty years!! I bought the $500 custom tooth guard and wore out in a year!! Ive used paci s before and still do!!! The only reason my pacis dont fall out at night because of grinding!!!! some are 10 years old never bit through one yet!! I like the nuk 18m+ sometimes at night when awake i will shift them far lower right of left side! Perfect for grinding never had an issue during the day!!!!

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Until just recently, I worked as an instructional assistant at a junior high school and I have seen the occasional student with a pacifier in their mouth. For one student it was for stress relief, but I've heard other students complain about the side affects from their Ritalin. I wouldn't be surprised if a pacifier wasn't recommended by their doctor to deal with teeth grinding. My feeling is that if it works for you, you would be justified in using one and not caring about what others may think. If skeptical people worked with my kids, they would understand.
    I think I'm going to try using one I have a couple silicone clear guard nuks I can try.

  5. #5

    Default

    I have a teething thingy, mostly due to anxiety. I have to be chewing on something, either food, gum, my nails, or paci.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by YoungZeppelin View Post
    I have a teething thingy, mostly due to anxiety. I have to be chewing on something, either food, gum, my nails, or paci.
    Do you keep a paci with you when you go out?

  7. #7

    Default

    I either grind my teeth or bite my lips until they bleed (and then still continue); thus I use a pacifier at night (NUK 5 is much cheaper than my dentist), and though I don't use them openly in the daytime, I do keep one in my car to drive with.

  8. #8

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by mommyslittlewyatt View Post
    Do you keep a paci with you when you go out?
    Na, i chew gum or, most of the time, bite my nails and or fingers.

Similar Threads

  1. Pacifier Shifts Teeth Quickly and Causes Pain
    By tobid03 in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-May-2014, 05:41
  2. Pacifier teeth damage?
    By skittlesfirehawk in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-Feb-2014, 03:00
  3. Braces-Friendly Adult Pacifier/Pacifier Analogue?
    By Bearhardt in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-Nov-2012, 02:04
  4. Grinding!
    By KaworuVsDrWily in forum Computers & Gaming
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-Jan-2011, 22:57
  5. Teeth!
    By ScubaSteve in forum Off-topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21-Feb-2008, 15:21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.