Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Candy & Gum Aisle

Default The Candy & Gum Aisle

This is a place to tell what your favorite candy, gum or both are!!

EmeraldsAndLime

Candy-wise, I don't usually go past a KitKat chunky bar. I rarely eat candy though, if ever. Chocolate is the exception.

Gum, anything sugarfree and spearmint flavoured.

My favorites from childhood can not be found locally anymore. I used to love the hard-candy 'dots' that came stuck on long sheets of paper, they never came loose without having some of the paper stay stuck to them. I would eat them by the dozens, paper shreads and all. I also liked the miniature Coke bottles made of wax, they were filled with a thick, sugary syrup. Nowdays, I usually just go for the M & M's or an Almond Joy bar.

Quote Originally Posted by fifigal View Post
    My favorites from childhood can not be found locally anymore. I used to love the hard-candy 'dots' that came stuck on long sheets of paper, they never came loose without having some of the paper stay stuck to them. I would eat them by the dozens, paper shreads and all. I also liked the miniature Coke bottles made of wax, they were filled with a thick, sugary syrup. Nowdays, I usually just go for the M & M's or an Almond Joy bar.
    Mmmm - the wax Coke bottles! I remember those!

Remember Goo-Goo-Clusters? Or (and I've had a friend look at me oddly for mentioning this) Banana flavored Hubba-Bubba gum? Yum!

These days, I typically like BreathSavers mints or Eclipse gum. Occasionally, I'll indulge in a Twix, Snickers, or Milky Way/Mars bar, but not commonly. And the chocolate here doesn't hold a candle to UK versions from my youth - Fruit & Nut bars were my favorite, but they don't exactly show up in the "candy & gum aisle" here.

I've always loved PEZ. Especially the cola and cherry ones. I like them better in a dispenser, but they taste just as good without one.

I don't go for gum. If I am having sweets it'll usually be something like fruit pastilles. They are nice. It has been a very very long time since I have had a pick'n'mix selection of sweets though jelly sweets in general appeal to me. As for chocolate, I like a tube of rolos or a yorkie bar but to be honest you can't beat a bar of Cadbury's Dairy Milk... unless you move onto dark chocolate that is. Dark chocolate is a whole new beast. More bitter and more subtle in flavour, but beautiful when it is good quality and in small amounts. I love dark chocolate... just plain, simple, and a work of art.

Candy: Any kind of licorice flavored candy, but Good & Plenty is one of my favs.

Gum: Double Bubble or Bazooka.

Sad thing is, the last two times I tried enjoying G&P and last time chewing bubble gum, I ended up losing either a tooth or crown because my teeth are in such bad shape. Most I can do is suck on favorite gums and candy to get the flavor out. Lesson: Take good care of your teeth when young and you'll still be able to enjoy your favorite confections later in life.

~Pramrider

Candy: I can go for sour things, but I usually just like caramels. Some chocolate bars, too.

Gum: Anything peppermint or spearmint, preferably sugar-free.

Candy: Black Licorice....good and plenty's are good so is the panda licorice...I am rather fond of european licorice.