Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Men: Days of Future Past

Default X-Men: Days of Future Past

Just wondering if anyone has seen the new X-men movie yet. I saw it yesterday and I thought it was really good. The acting alone made it better than most popcorn summer movies, especially Patrick Stewart and James McEvoy. The plot was pretty complex with time travel conundrums and a huge cast but still easy to follow. The movie also looked awesome. I am definitely getting the Blu Ray when it comes out.

Starrunner's verdict: '9 out of 10'

My son watched it last night, but I did not. It was his birthday party movie. We discussed it some.

It was awesome!! I loved it! I was like O.O all the time. Specially in the post-credit scene. (I've seen the shows of the 90s and 2000s and read some comics so I know who HE was). My advice: GO SEE IT!

the thing that kept bugging me was that xavier was still alive.
    other than that, it was pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by pein View Post
    the thing that kept bugging me was that xavier was still alive.
    other than that, it was pretty good.
    I was waiting for an explanation of that as well. In the last movie he was in, there was a post credits scene where you heard his voice so you knew they could bring him back if they wanted to. But just a few lines about how he 'pulled himself together' would have been appreciated.

The other thing is that it could have also been an alternate time line which was erased and a new time line was started when they changed history, meaning he never died (they do this stuff in Star Trek all the time, gives you a headache if you spend too much time thinking about it).Scott was also alive in the new time line even though he was also killed in their last movie.

I just got back from seeing it. It was a good movie. But I was more interested in the items in the scenes that where not from that time period.

Quote Originally Posted by egor View Post
    I just got back from seeing it. It was a good movie. But I was more interested in the items in the scenes that where not from that time period.
    I loved hearing "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce again. That scene was priceless.

I went and saw it on friday of opening day. I loved it! I thought they did a really good job. There was a few things that I wanted answered or I thought about after that I was curious about. But all in all it was great. Oh, and best part was that it was the very first movie I ever saw while diapered! And not just that, I went and saw it with one of my friends.

Really excellent and thoroughly enjoyable! Unlike that last Superman movie.

Loved it completely.

As for Charles being alive I thought the concept was that Charles was going to jump to that unused body discussed in X-Men 3 was enough to wallpaper over an faults.

I loved how we had a pretty perfect Xaviers institute set years after the averted events shown in X-Men 3 but don't understand how Logans Days of Future Past consciousness all of a sudden appeared in this new timeline to inhabit his body that has had a Logan living a life as a teacher for quite a number of years