Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: steroids

Default steroids

Just wanted to know everyones opinion it them? I myself see no harm in them if not over used but hey thst just my 2 cents on it i know that its illegal

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Just wanted to know everyones opinion it them? I myself see no harm in them if not over used but hey thst just my 2 cents on it i know that its illegal
    The joys of playing with that type of crap;
    • Big biceps - that are here today and gone tomorrow.
    • Emotional instability with extreme physical violent tendencies.
    • Having bigger boobs than Dolly Parton or Pamela Anderson.
    • Micro sized manhood and no sex drive.

The first two are temporary and for the better part be resolved by caseation of abuse, second two are for life. Someone else can cover the medical perspective of this game.

A side issue to your question but no less valid, you have no ability with any faith to obtain human grade drugs. Since you will be buying from the street the best you can hope for is quality veterinary products. A fool's game.

Being in the medical field you get to see a lot of things that go on with people who use steroids. My advice is to avoid using them as the benefits of getting bigger muscles is just not worth it for the side effects of playing around with the body's hormones.

As has been described about, you do get bigger muscles but with the side effects of emotional instability or depressive symptoms, gynacomastia (man boobs but that actually have real breast tissue) and changes to the testicles and penis (specifically the testicles shrink in size and there are significant problems with fertility as well as a reduced penis size).

Other things you need to be aware of is that because you won't be able to get pharmaceutical grade steroids (unless you have a prescription for them and the only way that would happen is if there is a medical issue that you might need them) they can have a lot of additives which can cause liver failure/kidney failure. Those sorts of things aren't particularly great to be honest. Lastly, steroids have a habit of messing with you adrenal glands (they sit on top of the kidney and it mostly is for release adrenaline when you need it but has a few other functions). They usually end up reducing their function so when you stop the steroids too quickly then you can have an adrenal crisis where your body can't cope with the lowered activity that your adrenal gland has and it takes a while before it will come back to full activity.

In short, my advice is that anything that alters or meddles with the normal physiology of the human body (whether hormonal changes or direct changes that drug makes) you need to be really careful of. We are the product of millions of years of evolution so we are a specific way for a reason. If you want to play around with that then be prepared for potentially dangerous consequences.

Steroids aren't illegal! They're great -- they've helped with my asthma and allergic reactions.

But anabolic steroids for muscle gain in already healthy people is... just stupid. Why would anyone want to damage their health in the pursuit of looking healthy?! It doesn't make sense to me.

And... if you play sports, why can't you just enjoy the fun of playing, rather than cheating by recklessly putting your health at risk?! If you just want to win, there are better ways to cheat. Pay your opponents to lose, or tamper with the equipment. Or... better still, just leave the sport to people who are better than you and don't need dangerous drugs to do well.

Psychotherapy would probably be a good idea for anyone with such serious body-image problems that they're tempted to abuse drugs for aesthetic reasons...

The government's anti-drugs website (FRANK) has this to say about anabolic steroids:

• If you're young, anabolic steroids can mess up how your body develops, stopping you from growing properly.

• If you're male, regular use can lead to erection problems, growing of breasts, becoming sterile, loss of hair and development of acne. It can also make your testicles shrink.

• If you're female, you can develop more masculine characteristics - with extra facial hair, loss of hair on the head, a deeper voice, shrinking breasts, and an enlarged clitoris; as well as risking acne, an increased risk of menstrual problems and changes in sex drive.

• Steroids can also give you high blood pressure and increase your risk of illness and death due to liver failure, stroke or heart attack.

• Regular users may find that they start having trouble sleeping. They may get paranoid, or may experience dramatic mood swings; and even violence can occur alongside strong feelings of aggression.

• Injecting any drug, even steroids, can damage your veins and cause ulcers and gangrene, particularly with dirty needles or poor injecting technique. Sharing needles, syringes and other injecting works can help spread HIV, hepatitis C and other infections.
    Anabolic Steroids | FRANK

Many years ago I was a competitive marathon runner. I trained with a reputable running club and I placed in the top ten local runners several times. Unfortunately, I could never appreciate what I accomplished back then and I was frustrated with my times. I pushed myself to the limits and I didn't get the payoff I felt I deserved. I wanted to be faster and I wanted to be in the upper tier of runners. Naturally there was talk of steroids in those days. There were also whispers about who was using them, including several of the runners who were ahead of me. Would I compromise my principles and get 'help' to achieve my goals?

Damn, no!

I started running as a way to cope with alcoholism and depression. It didn't make sense to work so hard to get off the alcohol, only to take up another substance that was equally as harmful and addictive. Nobody expected me to get so committed to the sport, let alone become so competitive. After my first marathon, however, I realized I was a better runner than I thought I was. In the following years, I pushed myself beyond anything I thought I was capable of doing, surviving torn ligaments, stress fractures, and training every single day, including miserable Canadian winters. In spite of all this, I just wasn't happy with my times, but I never considered steroids as an option.

Whatever my race times were, they were earned by me and they were achieved through hard work, dedication, and passion for the sport. I learned to push myself harder than I ever thought possible and learned to exceed my limitations. Although my times were not the best, I can now take pride in them, knowing they were a result of strong commitment, and that I had no assistance from harmful chemicals. I could not imagine trading off these memories if I knew the results were achieved through banned performance enhancers.

I have now been running for thirty five years and I still run the odd marathon or half marathon when the mood strikes me. The dreams and goals aren't as desperate now and I'm no longer stressed about my times. I can just enjoy the sport which has given me so much over the years. I look back on my competitive days and I have a clear conscience knowing I did it on my own without any help. I also came to realize that there is a relatively short life to a competitive career and I'm glad I'm still here today and loving the sport of running as much I did when I started decades ago.

There's a beautiful poster on my wall of a lone runner going down the side of a road with the sun rising ahead of him. It has the following quote;

"The race goes not to the swiftest,
    but to those who continue to run."

what is normal use VS over use of illegal steroids? steroids are legal if doctor prescibed but not for unintended purposes In the news wwf star kills whole family and the list goes on and on. alot of pro baseball players use it. and alot of people die from over using it!! I think the negitive side affects far out way the benefits!!! I have used presrcibed steriods for broken ribs thats a good medical reason

Steroids have a purpose and a biofeedback mechanism to keep things under control. If you mess with the system there will be consequences. I understand how things can be produced in a lab and used, so they are therefore not natural and "bad for you. But there is other things that more is not necessarily better.

There are two classes (Anabolic and catabolic) of steroids and they do different things. The one class is the ones you use for inflammation and stuff like that. The other ones are produced to cause things to change (to make it easy to understand that works for me). You can over do it with the one kind and it just make things stop working and the inflammation gets worse instead of better. But with the other ones you get big muscles and more endurance and the like. But there is a big cost. i.e. Lyle Alzato, and Lance Armstrong. Both had major problems with cancer. I saw Lyle Alzato at the med school when I worked there and I did not even recognize him. IT was a big news story because he was making PSA clips while he was dying for the cancer he got using steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by acorn View Post
    The joys of playing with that type of crap;
    • Micro sized manhood and no sex drive.

Micro size manhood and no sex drive I would think is a + for some into abdl

Quote Originally Posted by Veljie View Post
    Micro size manhood and no sex drive I would think is a + for some into abdl
    You are missing to point ! the dangers of taking them when not needed far out weigh the benefits