Thread: Nice to meet you

Default Nice to meet you

Hello everyone. Im going by the name ChampionofJazz since I have a big interest in music (spoiler alert: I like jazz a lot) and friends call me Champ. Ive been a DL for many years and have seen this site a few times browsing the web and finally decided to join. My main hobbies include running, videogames, and music. As far as this forum goes Id like to be relatively active in my free time and enjoy my time here

do you play xbox 360 and have live I needs more friends.

Hey welcome. You should fit in nicely... after all syncopation is the name of the game round here...lol
    We're all a little off beat, but awesomely cool as a result

Quote Originally Posted by ozbub View Post
    Hey welcome. You should fit in nicely... after all syncopation is the name of the game round here...lol
    We're all a little off beat, but awesomely cool as a result
    Well done Oz, bravo, well said

And to ChampionofJazz - Lookie here! A jazz version Jazz Police Leonard Cohen'song by that name is a bit different (clickable links are made to look a bit different on this forum software.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionofJazz View Post
    Hello everyone. Im going by the name ChampionofJazz since I have a big interest in music (spoiler alert: I like jazz a lot) and friends call me Champ. Ive been a DL for many years and have seen this site a few times browsing the web and finally decided to join. My main hobbies include running, videogames, and music. As far as this forum goes Id like to be relatively active in my free time and enjoy my time here
    So... hey there jazzmataz cat... ChampionofJazz!

So what're we swing'en? Like some Count Basie, or something else smooth, or cool?

Our syncopated cat ozbub knows what's up... oh, watch out for that Raccoon, baby... he's one slick trick!

Let's get Thelonious and Monk about it, yeah...

What's that?? ... ah, baby... they don't know I'm loose yet...

Seriously Champ!
    I'm glad that you finally dropped anchor here! Jazz is a rather large spectrum... it's the only time I can enjoy scat
    I don't actually know anything, but I generally do dig the sounds...

Hope to see much more of you soon!

Take care, and Welcome Aboard!
    -Marka

You guys sure did have fun with those replies! Lol im just responding quickly now ill have to check out those links later!

I do have a 360 but i dont play online much

Im never picky when it comes to jazz, i love basie and listen to him a lot when im driving other people in my car (some genres of jazz are a no go with nonjazz listeners, specifically bebop lol). If I had to pick my favorite "jazz great" what I'd describe as a name most people know it would be Charles Mingus

Welcome Champ! So glad to have you. This is a great support community.