Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Google

Default Google

Hi. I'm a very confused woman and you can call me Kate. I don't know what's happening right now, I've been waking up a lot in the middle of the nights the past few weeks (months, even) to a wet bed. I never told anybody. I casually went to get some adult diapers at a local store earlier this month in case it kept happening and discovered that, hey, I kinda like these?! I don't need them during the day, that is, I can reach the toilet before I use them for what they're made for. Still, I feel like I'm "not complete" unless I'm wearing one. I still use (and need) them most nights, though. I haven't gone to anybody. I'm 31 years old, I'm embarrassed, and I don't know where to start in the first place. I've been single for the past seven months. I'm over my boyfriend though and I wasn't very stressed before this started happening, so I don't think that has anything to do with this. But what do I know by now, anyway? All I was doing tonight was googling something about it and this website came up, I figured maybe you guys can help me. Is mine a real medical condition? I don't need this. Thanks for reading.

Kitkateybug,

What you describe is Nocturnal Enuresis. You'll find plenty information if you search the web. I'd also head off to see your doctor as you need to see if there is a medical reason for this.

As to liking diapers, well, it's not unusual! This site is chock full of people who wear diapers out of choice because they just like them. And yes, that is confusing at first while you re-adjust.

For now though, I'd separate the two issues. See the doctor to look at the medical issue and read the forums to explore the love of diapers.

Also, let us know more about your interests so that we can get to know you better. We are a kind accepting bunch who can help.

DLE.

Hello Kate,

I know how you feel. Once I bought my first diapers I have pretty much been 24/7. I have not been wetting in sleep, but I work at home so they keep a really close tab on my restroom breaks. I started wetting at work because they were not scheduling my breaks properly. I started work at two yesterday but that means my computer has to be booted and all programs open so I start at 1:30. They gave me only one ten minute break since I was scheduled 5 hours. So with my getting off at seven they give me my break at 6:30. By then it is too late for me because I am soaked. I prefer diapers to giving up water.
    So my whole life has changed and it is a little bit unnerving, but I really enjoy diapers too so I am going to wear them as much as I can. I think I will wear something to my wedding in 2 weeks and 2 days. I have to change into my dress at church, so I better make sure I wear a good slip to cover up with.
    F.L.

Hi Kate and welcome to the site!

As SissyDLE says, you should see a doctor about the bedwetting. They will have seen plenty of people with the same issues (and much worse and more embarrassing ones besides). So don't let your embarrassment hold you back. Your medical conditions are absolutely no indication of "who you are" as a person, so be brave, hold your head up high and get yourself checked out!

There's no need to tell your doctor that you like wearing diapers. He/she will only (or *mainly*) be concerned with your physical health. If the bedwetting can be fixed, there's nothing to stop you wearing diapers if that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by kitkateybug View Post
    I don't need this.
    Do you meant the bedwetting, or the desire to wear diapers? You say you're confused and embarrassed, and I think all of us who enjoy wearing diapers have felt that sense of puzzled bewilderment! How can something so... weird and unnecessary feel so "right". What's going on inside your head?! Are you going crazy?!

Fear not! Humans are funny creatures with urges and drives and psychological neuroses, and (in this rational world of ours where appearance is everything) no one talks about them. Some people are so ashamed of their natural thoughts and instincts that they suppress them and deny that they exist and refuse to look deeper into their mind to find out what could be going on. The path to enlightenment is in accepting yourself as you truly are, and not letting other's expectations or judgements determine how you see yourself.

You can't see into anyone else's mind, but if you could, I'd be willing to bet that every single person who ever lived was "weird" or had some kind of embarrassing or shameful trait or memory that they wouldn't want anyone to find out about.

How many people do you know who like to be spanked or tied up? How many have seen prostitutes? How many take drugs? How many drink-drive? How many have committed a crime and not been discovered? How many cheat and lie? How many do some very strange things in the bedroom? And how many people with these "quirks" have actually told you about them?! Probably not very many!

Remember the film "American Pie"? Jim tries to have a "sexual experience" with a freshly baked pie! Why is that so funny...? Partly because you can imagine it actually happening! It's the kind of thing that someone might really try. It's a tacit acknowledgement that people have some weird ideas and urges. And the humour is compounded by the fact that he is discovered! Sure, people are weird, but they never expose their weirdness to the world! It's funny because we can sympathise with Jim's confusion, anxiety, exposure and shame. "Thank god it wasn't us", we chuckle!

If you could just look at someone and see everything they've ever done, simply liking diapers would probably rank pretty low on the "weirdness" scale. Everyone has their quirks. And the best way to face your own is to acknowledge and accept them honestly, and (hopefully) learn to appreciate and enjoy your uniqueness. After all, if you're not harming anyone... who else has the *right* to judge you... except yourself?

I've been single for the past seven months. I'm over my boyfriend though and I wasn't very stressed before this started happening, so I don't think that has anything to do with this. But what do I know by now, anyway?
    The mind is a funny thing... Sometimes you can be unconsciously stressed and not even realise it. Thoughts about why people might like wearing diapers vary, but a lot of people (myself included), find that it is a kind-of "coping mechanism" to reduce stress. The more stressed I get, the more I want enjoy the calming and relaxing experience of wearing a diaper.

On the other hand, some people just seem to like diapers whether they're stressed or not. If there is something on your mind (even if you can't quite put your finger on it), a psychotherapist or counsellor might be able to help. But psychotherapists are (almost) unanimous in saying that, by itself, liking diapers isn't something to worry about. It's only a problem if it gets in the way of you living a "normal" life.

Maybe you'll find that you really aren't stressed and just happen to have discovered something new that you enjoy. Or maybe there's some underlying distress and, once that's been addressed, you won't feel the need to wear diapers as a "coping mechanism" any more. Maybe your "adult responsibilities" are making you want to regress to a younger age when you were free of adult concerns. Or maybe not! Only you can find the answers! And ADISC is a great place to start looking for them.

I hope you find what you're looking for here. There have been some great threads that have really helped me understand myself better (feel free to have a play with the "search" facility if you're curious).

Just remember that liking diapers is, when all's said and done, a tiny harmless quirk. There's a lot more to you (or anyone) than just liking diapers. Liking diapers doesn't make you a "bad" person, and there's no need to feel any sense of shame or embarrassment about it.

Sorry for waffling, but once again, welcome!

Hi Katie and Welcome!!!!!!!!!! My issues bedweting started after a car accident at age 16 i had no insurance and was stared to death!!! I finally saw my primary doctor after a year and found out i had enlarged prostate with scar tissue from the accident and after 20 years of meds i find myself ic free but still enjoy wearing!! there are so many reasons for this and your primary doctor should find one for you!!!it could be minor!!!!!I would recommend going to one!!! good or bad i will be here as many here will be to !! so feel free to comment or message!!

Kaitlyn

Hi hi Kate! I can kinda relate, I wet the bed from when I was 13 'till I was nearly 17 and somehow it managed to stay a secret from everyone. Anyhow, welcome to Adisc! Please leave your shoes at the door :P If you have any questions just ask and we'll help you out!

P.S. Don't be freaked out by the stuff you'll see here sometimes :P We're great people even if we can seem a little... strange... in most people's eyes.

- - - Updated - - -

Uhm... And one more thing... I know I didn't go to the doctor during my bedwetting episodes, but you really should... I don't mean to sound mean or bossy or pushy or anything, but I really do kinda think you should see someone about it...

Just sayin'! :P

Thanks a lot for your help and welcomes everybody. I'll probably see a doctor now, I just don't know when.

Hi. I'm a very confused woman and you can call me Kate. I don't know what's happening right now, I've been waking up a lot in the middle of the nights the past few weeks (months, even) to a wet bed. I never told anybody. I casually went to get some adult diapers at a local store earlier this month in case it kept happening and discovered that, hey, I kinda like these?! I don't need them during the day, that is, I can reach the toilet before I use them for what they're made for. Still, I feel like I'm "not complete" unless I'm wearing one. I still use (and need) them most nights, though. I haven't gone to anybody. I'm 31 years old, I'm embarrassed, and I don't know where to start in the first place. I've been single for the past seven months. I'm over my boyfriend though and I wasn't very stressed before this started happening, so I don't think that has anything to do with this. But what do I know by now, anyway? All I was doing tonight was googling something about it and this website came up, I figured maybe you guys can help me. Is mine a real medical condition? I don't need this. Thanks for reading.
    Hi and welcome, Kate. Thanks for sharing your story with us. Surprising though it may seem, most adults have toilet accidents occasionally for all sorts of reasons, and that can include bedwetting. If you've been largely dry up to now, you've started to wet on a regular basis and it's unexplained, I'd make an appointment with your GP just to rule out any underlying medical causes. Stress can sometimes be a factor but there may be physical reasons too. If you've been suffering a lot from thirst, tiredness or unexplained weight loss I'd consider asking for a diabetes test as frequent urination can be a symptom of that. Good luck. Let us know how you get on.

Welcome. You did indeed come to the right place. We are a support site for a large and ever- growing community, and you are most welcome here - for as long and as much as you need us. The fact that most of us ageplay or are diapered for enjoyment is quite beside the point. I happen to have a diaper fetish and love being as I am, but that takes a backseat for right now. This is YOUR thread.You said

I feel like I'm "not complete" unless I'm wearing one
    and after you said

and discovered that, hey, I kinda like these!
    Then you finished with

I don't need this.
    No, you don't.

You are indeed in the right place. But beyond what other incontinence forums have offer, ie a community of diapered people, we not only understand your embarrassment at buying supplies but how it feels to need diapers and to be confused and distressed over the realization that you like them.

It is confusing. And it does happen: many of us here wear them at night and for the same reason as you do ) and so discover we like to wear them even as we wonder what to make of it. Are we deviant? Broken? Or what?

Answer: there is nothing wrong with us. I maintain that if there's any problem at all, it's a minor one. Our quirks are normal, and are part of who we are, and not worth losing sleep over. Distress over our quirks can be a serious problem; but then it's the distress that is the real problem, not said quirks. And I say, that the easiest way to become rid of the distress is simply to accept oneself. That can be easier to say than do, I'll admit. It can take some time. But spending time with others in the same boat helps a lot. Not only for sympathy, but seeing how basically normal and healthy the others are will go a long way toward you seeing how normal and healthy YOU are.

That said, I would agree that eliminating any medical issues is your first priority, if only for peace of mind. Next, issue would be to say, OK, you have an unexpected liking, but as long as it comes with no extra medical problems like rashes, and is affordable, then really, it's mainly a nuisance. Yes, you might wonder how long it will go on, and how it might affect your private life; but those aren't pressing concerns, for the time being.I would suggest not worrying unduly ; all sorts of people with all sorts of reasons wear. You may be interested in the wiki on urge incontinence Urge incontinence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You should know that some people dribble a little when they laugh or sneeze; and there is no cause for alarm.

And once medical issues have been considered, only then would I think about looking for psychological issues, like stress over breakups.

My final thought for now is that there are lots of women on Adisc, all of them better versed than I in ladies' issues; plus Adisc offers more than just feelings-talk; we review brands, and such
    Again, welcome to Adisc.

welcome im also new here the key is dont be embarrassed and enjoy it if you like it nothing wrong there im still learning to accept my self

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raccoon View Post
    Welcome. You did indeed come to the right place. We are a support site for a large and ever- growing community, and you are most welcome here - for as long and as much as you need us. The fact that most of us ageplay or are diapered for enjoyment is quite beside the point. I happen to have a diaper fetish and love being as I am, but that takes a backseat for right now. This is YOUR thread.You said and after you said Then you finished with No, you don't.

You are indeed in the right place. But beyond what other incontinence forums have offer, ie a community of diapered people, we not only understand your embarrassment at buying supplies but how it feels to need diapers and to be confused and distressed over the realization that you like them.

It is confusing. And it does happen: many of us here wear them at night and for the same reason as you do ) and so discover we like to wear them even as we wonder what to make of it. Are we deviant? Broken? Or what?

Answer: there is nothing wrong with us. I maintain that if there's any problem at all, it's a minor one. Our quirks are normal, and are part of who we are, and not worth losing sleep over. Distress over our quirks can be a serious problem; but then it's the distress that is the real problem, not said quirks. And I say, that the easiest way to become rid of the distress is simply to accept oneself. That can be easier to say than do, I'll admit. It can take some time. But spending time with others in the same boat helps a lot. Not only for sympathy, but seeing how basically normal and healthy the others are will go a long way toward you seeing how normal and healthy YOU are.

That said, I would agree that eliminating any medical issues is your first priority, if only for peace of mind. Next, issue would be to say, OK, you have an unexpected liking, but as long as it comes with no extra medical problems like rashes, and is affordable, then really, it's mainly a nuisance. Yes, you might wonder how long it will go on, and how it might affect your private life; but those aren't pressing concerns, for the time being.I would suggest not worrying unduly ; all sorts of people with all sorts of reasons wear. You may be interested in the wiki on urge incontinence Urge incontinence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. You should know that some people dribble a little when they laugh or sneeze; and there is no cause for alarm.

And once medical issues have been considered, only then would I think about looking for psychological issues, like stress over breakups.

My final thought for now is that there are lots of women on Adisc, all of them better versed than I in ladies' issues; plus Adisc offers more than just feelings-talk; we review brands, and such
    Again, welcome to Adisc.
    wow you make so much sence and hit how we can feel spot on its hard to come to terms somethime but if its part of who you are