Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diaper commercials??

Default Diaper commercials??

So what are some of your favorite diaper commercials?? There are tons to choose from! Some of my favorite are the pull ups commercials. I saw one on Nickelodeon today and loved it!

There was a Huggies ad campaign over here in Australia that ran for some time that I actually quite enjoyed. It's not so much as talking about the product, but more about that parental loving connection between a parent and their child. It's one of those warm and fuzzy commercials that I remember quite well

It would be hard to pick a single favorite, but I remember the Pampers Phases, Huggies Baby Steps, and Pull-Ups ads from the early 1990's quite fondly.

I'm positive that this topic is completely innocent, but is anyone else creeped out by discussions about baby and kid diapers? Again, I'm sure it means nothing, but we need to stay as far away as we can from any appearance of impropriety here.

-RMS

Tiburon

Agree 100%....adults should be discussing adult diapers.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    I'm positive that this topic is completely innocent, but is anyone else creeped out by discussions about baby and kid diapers?
    Nope. Well, not me, anyway. We can hide who we are elsewhere, but let's not institutionalize self-loathing here if we can avoid it. Many -- perhaps most -- of us had these feelings as kids, grew up craving Pampers, pacifiers, and envying the younger kids who had those things. As we grew, we had to face the fact that those things weren't made for our larger bodies, and most of us settled for the closest adult-sized things we could find. The desires don't usually change, and so I see nothing inherently worse about watching -- with great interest, mind you -- a Pampers commercial today than I did when I was a kid. I am guilt-free, because I know that my interests are innocent, and because nobody will ever prove otherwise.

AB/DL will never be socially acceptable in the grand scheme of things. With that in mind, while I certainly won't be going out of my way to make things worse, I'll be damned if I can be bothered to hide who I am any more than I'm already doing on this anonymous web forum. If you think your take on AB/DL is, according to social norms, not creepy because you aren't interested in or won't admit to watching a baby diaper commercial, please change your username to your actual name and use your real picture as your avatar.

Excellent use of an ad-hoc rhetorical tactic, Cottontail! I say that, although almost certainly completely innocent, expressing interest in baby diaper commercials here could be perceived by some on the outside as inappropriate and you accuse me of hiding. Very slick! Are you in politics? With diversionary skills like that, you really should consider it.

-RMS

Tiburon

I agree with RMS.....he's right.

actually, im more creeped out by the discussion of adult diapers. i always think of my grandparents when i think of adult diapers.

im looking for the diaper commercial from around 2006 of Sanita Bambi size 6 diapers. Still havent seemed to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by RMS401 View Post
    Excellent use of an ad-hoc rhetorical tactic, Cottontail! I say that, although almost certainly completely innocent, expressing interest in baby diaper commercials here could be perceived by some on the outside as inappropriate and you accuse me of hiding. Very slick! Are you in politics? With diversionary skills like that, you really should consider it.

-RMS
    But... You are hiding, as we all are. That's not diversionary; that's quite on-topic: We're already acknowledging that the stuff we do is hopelessly misunderstood. I believe you are, as they say, missing the forest for the trees. We can beat ourselves up over diaper preferences and discussion topics here, but to the muggles that's just, as they also say, polishing a turd.

There is a very large population of folks here who use non-adult products because that's what they are -- non-adult products. You are free to not like that, and you are free to say so, but I flatly reject the need for any sort of self-moderation when it comes to this stuff. If it's not objectively bad, then it's just self-stigmatizing to be afraid of discussing it. That's not needed here. This is a place to not be afraid of common AB/DL interests. We have enough of a stigma problem already!
    Last edited by Cottontail; 24-May-2014 at 00:06.