Thread: This City Doesn't Know Jack!

Default This City Doesn't Know Jack!

I thought this was pretty funny. I’m attaching a link below about the City of Ottawa’s latest demonstration of inspired incompetence and wasted tax dollars.

Jack Purcell Park public art inspired by wrong Jack Purcell | Ottawa Citizen

Jack Purcell Park is just around the corner from me. The City wanted to pay tribute to Jack Purcell’s career as a tennis player by erecting ten statues of tennis rackets ($5,000 apiece) in the park. They were almost completed and just waiting to have the strings added before unveiling them.

Just prior to their completion, the planners realized they had the wrong Jack Purcell and that the one that actually played tennis never lived in Ottawa.. The one the park was named after was a local guy who kindly repaired hockey sticks for children. And nobody caught this?

They decided to leave the strings off the rackets and make it appear that this is some sort of modern, new age art. Now people just walk by the structures wondering “What the....?”

Fortunately, a lot of people walk their dogs in this park and I'm sure they'll give these structures all the attention they deserve.

Our tax dollars at work.

That's kind of funny in a way, but that's politicians for you the way they act at times. Sounds like they all had their heads in
    their a**e*.

Quote Originally Posted by starrunner View Post
    I thought this was pretty funny. I’m attaching a link below about the City of Ottawa’s latest demonstration of inspired incompetence and wasted tax dollars.

Jack Purcell Park public art inspired by wrong Jack Purcell | Ottawa Citizen

Jack Purcell Park is just around the corner from me. The City wanted to pay tribute to Jack Purcell’s career as a tennis player by erecting ten statues of tennis rackets ($5,000 apiece) in the park. They were almost completed and just waiting to have the strings added before unveiling them.

Just prior to their completion, the planners realized they had the wrong Jack Purcell and that the one that actually played tennis never lived in Ottawa.. The one the park was named after was a local guy who kindly repaired hockey sticks for children. And nobody caught this?

They decided to leave the strings off the rackets and make it appear that this is some sort of modern, new age art. Now people just walk by the structures wondering “What the....?”

Fortunately, a lot of people walk their dogs in this park and I'm sure they'll give these structures all the attention they deserve.

Our tax dollars at work.
    So who the bigger muck up Ottawa or Gatineau? I think it's a close 1 and 2.

Maybe people could draw funny faces on the blank paddles?

as part and parcel of 'modern' english, there's usually two ways of commenting on things, foreignly (aka, politely) or englishly (bluntly); i shall do both, respectively:
    typical government bureaucrats: not an inkling of worth nor worthiness.
    typical government bureaucrats: when they're not raping children, they're raping our wallets and our lands.

time to put an end to it all.

Quote Originally Posted by bn3baby View Post
    So who the bigger muck up Ottawa or Gatineau? I think it's a close 1 and 2.
    I'd still have to vote for Toronto on that one! So glad Rob Ford is not my mayor.