Thread: Parcel Locker

Default Parcel Locker

Australia Post now offers 24/7 parcex,l lockers. Like a PO Box but for parcels. As far as I can se its free.

Parcel lockers - Australia Post
    Parcel Collect - Australia Post

Both give you a unique address to ship to. There is a size limit (see site)

That's cool. I wish we had something like this in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by lilaznboy View Post
    That's cool. I wish we had something like this in the US.
    There's always the possibility of a parcel receiving location, depending on where you are. Lots of border towns (Both north and south borders) have locations which allow you to pay a small fee in order to receive packages there. I have one in Maine, costs between $1-5 package depending on the size of the package. If that doesn't work, you could always try shipping poste restante (General Delivery if living in the USA)

Here's some info from Wikipedia, the entirety of which is located here (Poste restante - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) :

United States[edit]

In the United States, the U.S. Postal Service uses the term “general delivery” and reserves the term “poste restante” for international mail sent to general delivery. Mail is addressed as follows:[13]

Mrs. Jane Q. Smith
    Washington, DC 20090-9999

In the ZIP+4 code, the +4 code for general delivery is 9999. The main post office in a community will hold such mail for up to 30 days.[14] According to the USPS website, "In medium to large cities with multiple ZIP Codes, you’ll want to make sure senders use the ZIP Code for the area’s main Post Office."[15]

Yes they do. I used to have one at staples. The sad thing is that the store closed down. One of my neighbors has Amazon Prime. When she orders stuff from Amazon. She gets it within 4 or 8 hours depending on the time of ordering. Oh by the way Amazon Fresh delivers almost everything now here in San Francisco. I don't see UPS like I use too. Here is one of the trucks Groceries Could Be Amazon’s Next Killer App — If It Can Solve the Math | Business | WIRED The funny thing is that I thought they only deliver groceries but that is not true. If you order from they will deliver it too.