Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with Pacifier

Default Sleeping with Pacifier

Can someone please help me with learning how to sleep with a pacifier? I just can't get the hang of it and numerous things stop me from sleeping while sucking one like my teeth hurting etc

Is that an actual thing that could be stopping me though? I'm always uncertain as to the size matters or not :P

If your teeth are hurting you are likely gripping it too hard in your mouth trying to hang on to it. Get a bigger size and relax your jaw. YOu will likely have to practice doing this when you are awake so that you learn to suck on it not chew on it. I keep mine on a clip attached to my fuzzy blankie when I use it so if it falls out of my mouth it doesn't get lost and is close by (I snuggle the blankie). I don't get to sleep with one often as I currently sleep on the sofa so can only do that when I have the house to myself, but last night I never got to and my mouth was lonely after 3 nights of getting to use a paci to fall asleep. When I first started though I had to teach myself to relax and suck not try to hold it in my teeth kwim because it caused an achy jaw and was uncomfortable.

I have the same problem. Mine is a little too small for my mouth. I'm about to take the leap and buy an adult one though. From what I've heard from others on here, the size is the biggest factor in it being comfortable or not.

It's a matter of practice, although if it's too small (or too big but that's rare) it's going to be uncomfortable before long.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It's a matter of practice, although if it's too small (or too big but that's rare) it's going to be uncomfortable before long.
    Yeah I think my paci may be too small, whenever I try to sleep with it in it hurts my teeth, I yawm more than I would without the paci and it just feels strange sleeping with it in my mouth :P

Quote Originally Posted by bvb123 View Post
    Yeah I think my paci may be too small, whenever I try to sleep with it in it hurts my teeth, I yawm more than I would without the paci and it just feels strange sleeping with it in my mouth :P
    It took me several months to get it down but I wasn't trying with any diligence. If it was more than once a week, to try, it was unusual. Oddly, I'd almost always put it carefully on the nightstand while I was half asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    It took me several months to get it down but I wasn't trying with any diligence. If it was more than once a week, to try, it was unusual. Oddly, I'd almost always put it carefully on the nightstand while I was half asleep.
    Yeah I did the exact same thing! Would somehow manage to put my paci back in it's case in it's secret place whilst half asleep XD

It is all about the right fit for me. And even though the NUK 5 fits my mouth perfectly fine, it was not until I found the right shield for it that I was able to suck on it all night. After some trial and error (to big, to small, to shallow etc..) I finally found one that feels like it was made for my face.

Now my paci seems to be almost glued to my lips, and stays where it is supposed to stay all night long. It really helps me sleep better. The only downside is that my lips are tingling in the morning from all the sucking.