Thread: skirt help

Default skirt help

i wanna wear a skirt i am waist 48 so i need help with sizing i wanna be in touch with my sissy side that i am just starting to discover

Do some online shopping for skirts and study the womens sizing charts for waist and hip measurements. I myself I prefer full
    elastic waistbands since my waist is larger than my hips. Finding girly themed skirts in sizes to fit you maybe a little harder to
    find.

Quote Originally Posted by oleman72 View Post
    Do some online shopping for skirts and study the womens sizing charts for waist and hip measurements. I myself I prefer full
    elastic waistbands since my waist is larger than my hips. Finding girly themed skirts in sizes to fit you maybe a little harder to
    find.
    Where do you buy yours from online?

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    Where do you buy yours from online?
    Just about anywhere you choose. JCP, Kohls, Bedford Fair, or any other women's outlet of your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by zackiepooh1992 View Post
    i wanna wear a skirt i am waist 48 so i need help with sizing i wanna be in touch with my sissy side that i am just starting to discover
    Being trans* mtf I know it is not same as sissy nor would I want it to be seen that way not as a detraction from sissy but sissy is a fetish in general and trans* is my daily life. I do know the size deliam Lane Bryant does a good job I was a 44 when I originally got a skirt from them and it was a 24 and just about right maybe a little big so I would look into the 28 area here is their sizing guide http://www.lanebryant.com/content_po...Name=SizeChart
    Also their stores are usually CD/sissy friendly as well as trans* friendly. There is no substitute for trying something on even being mtf it took me a while to get over this hurdle but it was worth it plus sales and clearance can find you some great deals.
    Other stores such as the ones mentioned above are good to I do not know on their Sissy/CD policy or trans* though. I do know Old navy, gap, target, macy's, and Ross are also great from experience. One subnote bra sizing victoria's secret will size you without a fuss generally, and bras tend to run far truer to size.
    One thing too remember size varies a lot between brands in womens clothes so again trying things on is key I know it takes some doing to get out there and do it but is worth.
    Best of luck
    Btw I have dropped from a 24 to a 16/18 at the moment, and dropping.

CrinklySiren

I may not be a sissy, but I have experience with skirts in general. If you're a waist size 48, that would be equivalent to size 24 in skirts... which to be completely honest is not commonly seen anywhere other than online. Try Torrid, website (and in some locations also a store) that sells trendy plus size girls clothes. You could also buy one size lower because most skirts are decently stretchy, but I wouldn't recommend going lower than one size down. I would also advice staying away from zipper or denim skirts because they don't stretch and can be very uncomfortable in the wrong size.

Its monumentally better to just go to a store and try on stuff rather than shopping online, but as I said... even in plus size stores (other than torrid) rarely have i see sizes 24 and up. Maybe its a zone thing :P.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinklyEmilyLG View Post
    I may not be a sissy, but I have experience with skirts in general. If you're a waist size 48, that would be equivalent to size 24 in skirts... which to be completely honest is not commonly seen anywhere other than online. Try Torrid, website (and in some locations also a store) that sells trendy plus size girls clothes. You could also buy one size lower because most skirts are decently stretchy, but I wouldn't recommend going lower than one size down. I would also advice staying away from zipper or denim skirts because they don't stretch and can be very uncomfortable in the wrong size.

Its monumentally better to just go to a store and try on stuff rather than shopping online, but as I said... even in plus size stores (other than torrid) rarely have i see sizes 24 and up. Maybe its a zone thing :P.
    Thank you so much for the advice funny thing you said about the zipper kind i was just gonna order that kind while i did some searching and i found a 3x that would fit

I have noticed kilts and other skirt type things on ebay. I have never bought one, but some day...

Now, some of us wear a kilt regularly...

As they say - "Dressed to Kilt"...

I'll get my coat, sporran, what ever!

"McDLE"

Other than online sources try ebay primary looking at the Plus sizing.
    Use the SEARCH menu and drop down menus to help further define your sizing parameters and styles.
    Is it a true SKIRT that you are looking for or a DRESS ?
    As noted above seek out the skirt with an ELASTIC (stretchable) waist for better comfort.
    With a zipper or button closing an almost exact waist fitting is required with little or no room for adjustment now or later.
    If you do locate something on ebay make darn well sure you get the physical measurements and not the general size.
    Sizes are so vanity labeled even in the plus size stuff.
    In general the hips are larger than the waist so make sure of two things that if the waist is larger than the hips you will
    need belts suspenders (braces) or something to keep the skirt from falling off the body AND if the waist is real tight you
    may not be able to get the skirt to slide pass slither over the larger hips maybe resulting in torn fabric ripped stitches etc.
    Previously noted about Torrid the size ends at 24 - but the 24 is a different vanity factor from the same thing at Lane Bryant.
    OK what is there to life after size 24 - well a visit to Omar the tent maker is next !
    At the larger end of the spectrum the variety of styles is considerable diminished - so don't expect pencil skirts or stuff of that sort.

In a later post kilts were brought up. A great choice in that kilts can go upwards to exceed 50 inches and the beauty of the kilt
    is that it is fitted very snuggly at the actual (belly button) waist and does not depend on hips to hold the (skirt) in place.
    When worn with kilt accessories i.e. sporran sox flashes ghillie shoes and shirt or tux and Prince Charlie (Argyle) jacket a very strong statement can be made but not so much as a sissy.

You haven't reached the outer limits of the internet and you never will so keep searching for the skirt of your dreams - it is out there !