Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: UK Diapers

Wink UK Diapers

Hello!

Been a DL for quite a while but never been able to get hold of anything except drynites or adult incontinent pants in Edinburgh

Anyone got any tips or know the best way to get nappies?

suggestions of brands would be helpful too!

Emily

Lozza1979

The best way is to order them online as there is much more available online then just your local shops.I get all mine online and they come discreetly packaged.Here in the UK I think Attends are the best brand.They are plastic backed, the absorb alot, they stay up well when wet and they are discreet under clothes.They come in packs of 28 depending on which type you order, unlike some brands where you only get 14 in a pack.I'm currently wearing Attends regular 9 medium and I have no complaints.

For a starter I think you'd be best trying Cuddlz.com they deliver in discret packaging, they do trial packs of 2 X nappies and they do pull ups as well. That's your best bet and it's what I use. Hope that helped ^w^ xox

Thank you Lozza! might try that, just scared because I live with other people

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Matty! will be looking into that !

Also try using a site called my.bybox.com I think in ur case it might be a very good solution to your problem!! Dunno if they have any lockers up in Scotland though xox

Quote Originally Posted by littleella93 View Post
    Hello!

Been a DL for quite a while but never been able to get hold of anything except drynites or adult incontinent pants in Edinburgh

Anyone got any tips or know the best way to get nappies?

suggestions of brands would be helpful too!

Emily
    Emily,

It has - unfortunately - been about 5 or six years since the last time I was up north in Edinburgh... I keep promising myself to get back to Scotland again one of these days... I'm in England quite often, but alas its mostly business these days and some family stuff down south.

Anyhow, last time I was in Edinburgh at least the larger Boots did stock "proper" adult nappies - whilst they're not on the same level as say a Tena Slip or an Abena - they have been quite ok, certainly more of a nappy than drynites or pants.

Also that aside - most pharmacies can order you most of the standard incontinence products like Tena, Abena, Molicare...
    I would as well check out the local medical supply stores - many of them have incontinence products, albeit choice and quality will vary greatly. But same as with pharmacies, they can order most of the normal products.

Now not knowing what aspects you find desirable in a nappy...
    But I strongly recommend the following brands:
    - Tena Slip Maxi
    - Attens Slip Regular M10
    - Molicare Super Plus
    - Abena M4

Personally I consider all of them night time grade products - to me it would be not my choice for a daytime product (too bulky) - but they all work well for night time use.

I'm not an AB, and only a minimal DL ... so my preferences might be really different from yours.
    But I guess the list of diapers none the lest defines a good starting point if you have not tried any of these before.

As others have mentioned, ordering online is easy enough:
    These are a few of the UK based online shops: Incontinence Shop - Home page - Tel 01204 571 017 or Incontinence Pants, Incontinence Pads delivered Next Day or Incontinence Products, Pants & Pads - Men & Women | Incontinence UK
    I have ordered from the first one personally and it has always worked perfectly.

The UK Post Office has a collection service - intended for those who're not home / miss deliveries... If my memory serves me well, you can also basically "redirect" all your parcels for a specified time frame to be "on hold" for pickup.
    Collection Services | Post Office

Thanks for all the info EPO1, looking for something a little more discreet though ! x

Emily,

Boots do Tena by mail order. You can also order them for pickup at the store. No one will suspect if you come home with a Boots carton, all very discrete. Even the shop staff only know that you are collecting an order.

I'm still quite new to ordering and that is how I got my first lot of Depends.

Also, you would be surprised what you can find on Amazon. That is where I got the Molicare from although the packaging could have been better as it was a Market Place Seller and not as discrete as an Amazon Box.

DLE.