Thread: Diaper differences?

Default Diaper differences?

I always wanted to know the difference between diaper lover and diaper fetish. I think it's both the same love or enjoyment for diapers but I need opinions on what it means...Help

Quote Originally Posted by Addictsnivy View Post
    I always wanted to know the difference between diaper lover and diaper fetish. I think it's both the same love or enjoyment for diapers but I need opinions on what it means...Help
    It seems to be a mater of semantics. DL/DF ends up being used interchangeably.

They're both the same. You could also use the term diaper wearer if you like.To me the term diaper wearer means someone who wears them but doesn't use them for their intended purpose. To me a diaper lover is someone who likes diapers. They could be interested in wearing them or like them on other people only and a diaper fetish is just someone who likes diapers and they either wear them or they don't. They could be interested in wearing them or only like other people in them but have no desire to wear themselves. People will try and redefine the term fetish.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    They're both the same. You could also use the term diaper wearer if you like.To me the term diaper wearer means someone who wears them but doesn't use them for their intended purpose. To me a diaper lover is someone who likes diapers. They could be interested in wearing them or like them on other people only and a diaper fetish is just someone who likes diapers and they either wear them or they don't. They could be interested in wearing them or only like other people in them but have no desire to wear themselves. People will try and redefine the term fetish.
    I agree with that and for some reason when someone puts on a diaper an AB is triggered about 35% of the time which is respectable but I don't get it. Maybe they like being an AB or it triggers a happy childhood for them who knows. ^^

In this context, in both cases, "diaper" is an adjective that modifies the following noun--lover or fetish. You're a lover? What kind? You have a fetish? What kind? But in spite of their similarities, these two serve slightly different purposes. Diaper lovers love diapers because they have a diaper fetish. Linguistically, they are related but are used differently. You would never say that you are a diaper fetish, you would say that you are a diaper lover. Nor would you say, "I have a diaper lover"; you would say that you have a diaper fetish.

-RMS

Unless you're using the broad definition of "fetish" in which it is an unusual attraction to an object or objects for any reason, they're not the same. Most people use fetish in a more sexual context and not all DLs are sexual in their interest. I'd probably say that all diaper fetishists are at least DLs but not all DLs may be diaper fetishists, unless you clarify terms to start.