Thread: welcome back

I haven't been through one of those yet. Although I might be in a binge right now. I have gone full time for 15 days. How does binge and purge work?
    F.L.

Hi and welcome back. That must have been a severe purge session. I used to have those when I was young, but over the years I've accepted all of this. Now if I don't feel like wearing, I don't. I just wait for the urge to hit, though that's almost every night. Anyway, I hope things level out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Hi and welcome back. That must have been a severe purge session. I used to have those when I was young, but over the years I've accepted all of this. Now if I don't feel like wearing, I don't. I just wait for the urge to hit, though that's almost every night. Anyway, I hope things level out for you.
    binge and purge cycles may in part be caused by shifting hormones.... something your's probably don't do any more, DogBoy.
    welcome back scaifester.....

Quote Originally Posted by littlelodgewrecker View Post
    binge and purge cycles may in part be caused by shifting hormones.... something your's probably don't do any more, DogBoy.
    welcome back scaifester.....
    Okay.....rub it in. Today my wife and I had our pictures taken for our church directory. They must have used their "old" lens because there was some old guy in those pictures who couldn't possibly be me.

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    I haven't been through one of those yet. Although I might be in a binge right now. I have gone full time for 15 days. How does binge and purge work?
    F.L.
    It's an all or nothing-at-all swing. From indulging to abtinence, usually quite abruptly. For some, the purge can be getting rid of all ab/dl supplies & toys, etc. Then the cycle repeats with more gradual indulgence, working toward the
    binge experienced before. Often the purge is accompanied by guilt, remorse, self loathing, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrewgdfw View Post
    It's an all or nothing-at-all swing. From indulging to abtinence, usually quite abruptly. For some, the purge can be getting rid of all ab/dl supplies & toys, etc. Then the cycle repeats with more gradual indulgence, working toward the
    binge experienced before. Often the purge is accompanied by guilt, remorse, self loathing, etc.
    Tell me about it...

How are you getting on Scaifester? It was really hard when I've bee through it. We are here for you if you want to chat.

In my case, it happened to me a fair bit early on. The last one was really hard. Wonderful binge for about two weeks then guilt and self loathing kicked in, binned/burned all my supplies, went into complete denial and full blown depression. Then gradual coming to terms with this is who I am and that I can do this and not have it interfere with life outside. Really hard to adjust. Cannot say that it will not happen again but I think that I am better at accepting who I am now and will just put the supplies away if my interest wanes for a few week and then come back to it when I want.

DLE.

Oh dear :c I've been through a few of those, they ain't a pretty thing!! Feel for you bro *brohug*

Sounds like ADIDC support will be a big help in a binge purge situation. We are so lucky to have each other. Hopefully my hormones never tell me to burn stuff, LOL, except the dirty disposables.
    F.L.