Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Happy as a mango =D.

Default Happy as a mango =D.

I don't know where to put this but I guess I'm correct, anyway...

Guess what ADISC? I just received a call from a Rotarian today (as in "Rotary Club International"), they told me that I was accepted into the student exchange program =)! I'll be going to Germany somewhere in July or August, although I still don't know exactly which part of Germany.

Sorry if you guys count this as bragging but I couldn't resist, I'm too excited right now, especially because I really wanted to go there . I'm still sad just because I'll miss two whole semesters at school and I won't be graduating with my childhood friends but I guess everything has a price this days.

Man that is cool, congratulations. A friend of mine is a Rotary Club member and has been to Turkey to visit clubs over there. I'm sure it will be a great experience, even though you will miss graduating with your friends.

Congratulations!
    Bragging rights deserved!

You will probably have the time of your life -- and I'm sure your friends will understand!

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Snap View Post
    Man that is cool, congratulations. A friend of mine is a Rotary Club member and has been to Turkey to visit clubs over there. I'm sure it will be a great experience, even though you will miss graduating with your friends.
    Yeah, I was actually considering not to go, but chances like this do not come by very often, the school will still be there anyway =D. According to testomonies:

A) Most of the participants of this program are always afraid of not graduating with their classmates or even worse, that something could happen once they get there. I haven't heard anybody complaining or anything like that once they come back, so that speaks for the program itself =).

B) Germany is really hard to get, you need a good curriculum and pure luck.

C) Turkey is [email protected]$$.

But right now I'm just relieved that I got Germany, now I only have to finish this semester, throw a party or two and eat as much of my mom's Chicken Pie, because I won't have any of it for a whole year -.-. Thanks for your comment =).

Quote Originally Posted by injektilo92 View Post
    -- and I'm sure your friends will understand!
    They did, actually, they thought it was a little wierd at first but now they have been encouraging me to do this, I actually owe them their support because I was somewhat afraid of going at first! =) Thanks.
    Last edited by Charlie; 09-Jan-2009 at 16:06. Reason: merge- please use multi-quote butoon

Wow, that's quite an adventure coming up! I'd say it's well worth a late graduation to get a native's view of someplace different for a decent amount of time. I hope you get a good and interesting host family that can help you make the most of the experience. Good luck!

Thanks Trevor =). Yeah the host family is the only thing that worries me, I've heard some of the previous participants being treated like crap, but whichever's the case, I'll try to be as cooperative and participative as I can.

Peachy

Congrats on getting sent over here by the Rotary Club International. That's an opportunity not many people get, so you should be proud of yourself. I've actually heard/read in the newspaper about the Rotarians a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by Motorbreath View Post
    Thanks Trevor =). Yeah the host family is the only thing that worries me, I've heard some of the previous participants being treated like crap, but whichever's the case, I'll try to be as cooperative and participative as I can.
    Well, there are many host families, so don't worry about getting the one that people told bad things about. THere's many host families, and most of them have foreign students on a regular basis, so they should be used to it and excited to get someone from a country they (most likely) never had a student before. But yea, be cooperative - it's imperative to respect their rules as long as they're appropriate.

And you better brush up on your German - no one here speaks Spanish

Peachy

@Peachy: Thanks Peachy =) I guess you're right, and I think that's something I'll let time to resolve, but I have heard many great comments about German families (and I've also met some German students that come over here, good times =P), my previous comments was more like a generalization. And yes...I'm looking for German classes as of right now and I have found some teachers and stuff; the sooner, the better. =).

it's kind of hard to give out information like that without sounding like your bragging, but guess what? Something like that gives you A LOT of bragging rites. Go ahead, brag.

Congrats and have fun in Germany, but be sure to stop by and tell us what it's like in a new country.

Quote Originally Posted by link View Post
    Congrats and have fun in Germany, but be sure to stop by and tell us what it's like in a new country.
    XD You got it, I'm expecting nothing more than good times really =), I wanted to visit Germany ever since I was a kid. Thank you =).