Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nappy Fastners

Default Nappy Fastners

I was just wondering
    1) How many people on here who wear Terry nappies at night?
    2) What size?
    3) do you fasten them with nappy safety pins (large size) or Snappy's(3T piece elastic with teeth on each end)
    4) If nappy pins,Where do you get?

When I wear my twill prefolds or contour diapers I use my Boingo fasteners. Overnight I wear Dependeco AIO's which have Velcro tapes.
    I do have some adult pins from Fetware that I've used. Today I ordered some more contour diapers from CTDC along with some 2 and 3/4"
    Dritz pins.

I use Boingos as well as the ultra-common Dritz diaper pins (the baby kind). There are some decent adult-sized diaper pins out there, but most (like the Baby Pants ones) are garbage -- taper is too steep. Plus, I've found that a single Dritz pin per side is just fine for me.

I have a 38" waist, and while I've heard of folks my size using Snappis, I personally find them wayyyy too small. Basically, to use a Snappi as an adult, you have to oversize your diaper so that the back corners are very close together in front when you pull them forward. Yes, Snappis are rubber, but they're not very stretchy!

I wear prefolds at night but just use the plastic pants to hold them in place. I do not use pins. If I make my own, I may try buttons, elastic, or velcro.
    F.L.

I wear gauze and twill cloth pre-folds from the All Together Diaper company and they've worked well for me. I buy the night weight and they're quite thick. I pin them with baby sized diaper pins and wear Leakmaster high back plastic pants.

Very occasionally I will wear a cloth nappy under plastic pants.
    My partner fastens the nappy with pins which were bought from CosyNDry

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontail View Post
    I use Boingos as well as the ultra-common Dritz diaper pins (the baby kind). There are some decent adult-sized diaper pins out there, but most (like the Baby Pants ones) are garbage -- taper is too steep. Plus, I've found that a single Dritz pin per side is just fine for me.

I have a 38" waist, and while I've heard of folks my size using Snappis, I personally find them wayyyy too small. Basically, to use a Snappi as an adult, you have to oversize your diaper so that the back corners are very close together in front when you pull them forward. Yes, Snappis are rubber, but they're not very stretchy!
    I have the same waist size as you and use the size 2 Snappi fasteners. I tugged at them for awhile getting them to get a little stretchier. They work quite well for me. How big are your pre-folds? I use XL Baby-Pants cotton twill, but also stuff them enormously with a bath towel and a dozen baby pre-folds. They work and fit great (a bit tight but it is strong).

I am a traditional terry nappy user when the mood takes me as I was brought up with them (up to age 15 at night). Those days it was all that was available. Now wearing for pleasure I like to do it the same as then. 60" x 60" done in a kite fold so the waist can be pinned at the center first, then 2 more pins at each side, one at the waist and one at each leg.
    Lots of powder round each thigh and waist, a good pair of plastic pants, footed PJ and i am very happy. I Got my pins from Cosykins which turned into Cosy n Dry. The PJs i get from Cuddlz.com who i can recommend for their quality. I even have some unopened Cosykins pins. See photo. Being a side sleeper this works well for me.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0053.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	20943

Quote Originally Posted by MeTaLMaNN1983 View Post
    I have the same waist size as you and use the size 2 Snappi fasteners. I tugged at them for awhile getting them to get a little stretchier. They work quite well for me. How big are your pre-folds? I use XL Baby-Pants cotton twill, but also stuff them enormously with a bath towel and a dozen baby pre-folds. They work and fit great (a bit tight but it is strong).
    I have the Baby Pants L and XL. I can *just* Snappi the XL, but it's too much diaper; I have to fold it in or else it's too long. Mostly I wear either the Changing Times M or the Baby Pants L (roughly equivalent). In both cases, the back corners land well forward of my hips when pinning or Boingo-ing, but a size 2 Snappi just doesn't quite reach. I'm beginning to wonder whether my Snappis are from a defective batch, though. I'm not a wimpy guy, but trying to stretch these Snappis even a quarter of an inch is like trying to stretch a leather belt!

1) How many people on here who wear Terry nappies at night?
    Not terry but cloth nevertheless, mine are homemade flat flannel. At night I generally wear three and of course plastic pants.

2) What size?
    Before folding my nappies are two layer rectangles approximately three by four feet. Using the newspaper fold with three nappies I have 24 layers at the front & sides which is sufficient to contain a heavy wetting in any position.

3) do you fasten them with nappy safety pins (large size) or Snappy's(3T piece elastic with teeth on each end)
    I use safety pins(2).

4) If nappy pins,Where do you get?
    Sorry, donít recall.