Thread: Question about Plushies

Default Question about Plushies

I have been wondering if I am the only one that does this, but does anyone else only use certain stuffed animals for AB stuff? I only use my snow tiger plushie that I got at the beginning of last year. I have tried to hug any of my other stuffed animals while sucking my thumb or pacifier, but it just doesn't feel right. I think it has to do with the fact that I didn't have them when I was a baby or when I was in diapers. I don't have that kind of connection with them. They have grown up with me so to speak. Like my Pikachu plushie I got for Christmas 1999. He does mean a lot to me, but if I'm sleeping with my pacifier and I grab him to sleep with. I feel weird and need to take pacifier out of my mouth. If I get out an older plushie like my Chomper plushie from The Land Before Time, I feel more of that connection because I slept with him a lot before getting my Pikachu and I was still in diapers when I was sleeping with him.

Am I the only one who is like this? Does this make sense?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01581.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	57.6 KB 
ID:	20941I had my next door neighbor's mother, who happens to be a pediatrician, give me a three foot tall Pooh Bear for my crib. Yep surprised me as well but their family knows I use diapers because of my Multiple Sclerosis's (MS) chronic bowel and bladder incontinence. They also know I occasionally use my AB side as an outlet for the depression associated with my MS.

For me it works a little differently, as I don't really regress. I have a set of plushies that I sleep with regularly. It's just a somewhat childish thing I like because plushies are awesome.

There are some other plushies at my parents' house that are around from when I was a kid, but those aren't really a part of my life. They're more like shelf decoration, and I don't really take them out or play with them when I visit my folks, nor would I want them sent to me at my apartment.

Though I emphasize again that I don't really regress or have a separate youthful persona, so I would expect my experience to be different.

I have two stuffed animals that I sleep with. Others I get are just for decoration. I don't want to put them in bed with me to get drooled on and require washing.

Quote Originally Posted by JazzBaby View Post
    I have been wondering if I am the only one that does this, but does anyone else only use certain stuffed animals for AB stuff?
    I do, but with the opposite logic that you use ^^

For me, it feels weird to use the plushies I had when I was little. I mean, They belongs to young, cute little old me (wink) and it doesn"t feel right to cuddle with them now.
    I think it's because I stopped sleeping with them when I was a kid/teenager. So, now, I kinda lost the connection I had with them.

Anyway, I now have a whole new bunch of plushies who sleep with me everynight.