Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No bambino

Default No bambino

So...
    Maybe I missed a post about this. If I did, I apologize for bringing if up again.
    Haven't had diapers... Except my one AIO dependeco since last fall. Looks like the entire bambino website is sold out. Does anyone know what's going on? Or has heard when this lack will be over. Or any alternative suggestions?
    I saw some on ebay but of course the price was a lot higher.

Thanks friends
    Bebby

They're not totally out of stock but the stock on this run is dwindling: Oops! Diapers with a Print Error : Bambino Diapers, The Best Source for ABDL Diapers and Products!. This is the run with the upside down prints, which may or may not be a problem for you. We've heard of some quality control issues unrelated to the taping panel orientation as well as changes in the dimensions of the diaper, location of the tapes, and improvement of the inner layer. It looks like you'd either have to move on something there or wait what by past experience will be 3+ months for another production run. It's an unfortunate situation but it looks like instead of just in time fulfillment, it's more like annoying gap in availability fulfillment and it's fairly common among the specialty diaper suppliers.

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    So...
    Maybe I missed a post about this. If I did, I apologize for bringing if up again.
    Haven't had diapers... Except my one AIO dependeco since last fall. Looks like the entire bambino website is sold out. Does anyone know what's going on? Or has heard when this lack will be over. Or any alternative suggestions?

Thanks friends
    Bebby
    I suggest dry 24/7, they are all white but IMO much better diaper than the Bambino.

I've always felt somewhat relieved that cloth diapers turn me on, but I had a similar experience with the plastic pants. I really need to wear the Leakmaster high backs when I wear in bed at night, because they cover the entire cloth diaper. All Together Diaper Co. and their outlet at Amazon were out of them for several weeks. That was the first time I had experienced that. I had to make two older pair last until I was able to order. There was a sense of panic not knowing if they were going to continue to produce and sell that particular product.

I find it kind of odd that everything that Bambino produces is sold out. When I ordered my 2 cases of Biancos back in March, it was the only thing they had in stock. I'm not a big fan of the cloth backed diapers, and Mommy doesn't like them because she can't get the tapes as tight as she can on the bambinos...

Looks like I might have to switch back to Abenas for a while.

While I was looking at XP Medical's site, they have an Absorbency Plus line that seems inexpensive compared to some of the other lines out there. Anyone have any experience with them?

Quote Originally Posted by sjenkins View Post
    I find it kind of odd that everything that Bambino produces is sold out. When I ordered my 2 cases of Biancos back in March, it was the only thing they had in stock. I'm not a big fan of the cloth backed diapers, and Mommy doesn't like them because she can't get the tapes as tight as she can on the bambinos...

Looks like I might have to switch back to Abenas for a while.

While I was looking at XP Medical's site, they have an Absorbency Plus line that seems inexpensive compared to some of the other lines out there. Anyone have any experience with them?
    Lots of people have... Some like them, some don't. I think they are OK, for the money, but I keep coming back to the plastic backed Abena's. Good for the price, and gets the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by sjenkins View Post
    [snipped]While I was looking at XP Medical's site, they have an Absorbency Plus line that seems inexpensive compared to some of the other lines out there. Anyone have any experience with them?
    I wish they had standing leak guards but they're not bad. Pretty absorbant and a nice but not crazy amount of bulk. I didn't see that much difference between 3s and 4s but I'd say one or the other is certainly worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by BebbyDoll View Post
    So...

Thanks friends
    Bebby
    Some of what I am about to post is speculation and some of what I am about to post is not. I will start with what is not speculation. I sent Bambino's a email asking about when they would restock (last month) talking about how I never did make a complaint about the Bellisimo's I got (they had upside down prints on them) and the issues I had with the tapes. I told them that I had to restock soon but I really wanted to get something that had prints on them but I would have to settle down to something else as I was recently dealing with being IC and badly needed to restock. They replied that their printed diapers in general would be restocked in 120 days and they gave me a 5% discount on my next case I order from them. Keep in mind I cannot use the ones with upside down prints on them as I need these diapers to fit for medical reasons.

Now the speculation part. I heard on another thread here that Bambino is allegedly looking for a new supplier as they are allegedly having issues with their current one. Provided this is true that would explain their stocking issues. Now I could be wrong but their diapers might very well be produced soon somewhere else other then China. I hope so actually as that could mean jobs coming over here rather then overseas. I will use that 5% discount on something that is available on bambino's but I sure wish I could have gotten something with prints on them other then those upside down printed ones that will not fit me right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I wish they had standing leak guards but they're not bad. Pretty absorbant and a nice but not crazy amount of bulk. I didn't see that much difference between 3s and 4s but I'd say one or the other is certainly worth a try.
    I know how you feel actually. I would buy a case of level 4's in a heartbeat if they had standing leak guards but I use disposables only at night and I am a side sleeper. I simply will not risk my mattress (or the mattress protector) on a diaper that does not have leak guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'm not sure what the circumstances of manufacturing the actual diapers are exactly, but it sort of seems as though eliminating something as important as leak guards is just a really, really terrible way to cut costs in a diaper.

There's other far less crucial aspects of a diaper that they could have worked on if cost-cutting was so important, so I'm not really sure why the leak guards were nixed instead of something else.

Ah well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan09 View Post
    I'm not sure what the circumstances of manufacturing the actual diapers are exactly, but it sort of seems as though eliminating something as important as leak guards is just a really, really terrible way to cut costs in a diaper.

There's other far less crucial aspects of a diaper that they could have worked on if cost-cutting was so important, so I'm not really sure why the leak guards were nixed instead of something else.

Ah well.
    It's a targeting question. If you're building a diaper that isn't for ABDL and isn't for your most heavily IC customers, it makes sense to build something that does exactly the job intended and no better. That way you're not adding unnecessary cost or unnecessary material for a product meant to be purchased by people with more mild incontinence who don't need the extra protection.