Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beginning of urinary problem?

Default Beginning of urinary problem?

I have always had to sit down to urinate plus trying to use a urinal is nervwrecking. I never had a problem until recently. I am noticing that I would wet a little after getting up and off the toilet. It's not enough to be noticeable but it does worry me. Has anyone began like this in urinary incontinence?

Not being able to use a urinal is probably due to a ''shy bladder,'' or not being able to pee around others. I have a bit of a shy bladder myself, although it's not as bad as it used to be.

As for your other concern, some other male members have posted on this forum about having the same problem. It's called something like ''post-void dribble,'' and is apparently rather common. I'm of course no expert in such matters however.

My limited IC is from a car accident i have extensive scar tissue and enlarged prostate as a result at times i hold at most 6 ounces pee and then 5 minutes later pee again at worst i pee 1 ounce over and over again every 5 minutes i am using meds that help 100% but with side effects. If you only have issues around strange places your just not comfortable but if it happens at home i would see a doctor

Quote Originally Posted by MLPPebble View Post
    I have always had to sit down to urinate plus trying to use a urinal is nervwrecking. I never had a problem until recently. I am noticing that I would wet a little after getting up and off the toilet. It's not enough to be noticeable but it does worry me. Has anyone began like this in urinary incontinence?
    I was thinking of asking the very same question today as I sometimes dribble afterwards. I do it mostly at work and wonder if I smell sometimes. I have found that sometimes I'm in too much of a hurry and after I walk away I relax and that's when it happens. I have thought about those guards that they sell, but am trying to relax more.

True story: Once while on vacation, we stopped at a roadside rest to use the restroom. As I was finishing, the guy next to me said, "No matter how much you shake, wiggle or dance, the last drop always goes in your pants!" OK...

Quote Originally Posted by zipperless View Post
    As I was finishing, the guy next to me said, "No matter how much you shake, wiggle or dance, the last drop always goes in your pants!" OK...
    And girls think THEY have it bad...
    PSSSHHHHT!
    I-I don't know either...

You know I have a very similar situation. For me I don't have a shy bladder but regardless of what I do I always leak in my pants but the past few months, mine has gone from a drop or two to being a small stream that will run down my leg or even pool up in my boxers and I've had it show up through my jeans as a dark wet spot about 2" in diameter. To me this seems a bit extreme from what I used to have happen but I'm not positive if its extreme according to other people. Just wondering what you guys think. I will probably go to the doctor at some point but I hate going just for this.

I have that problem and the physical therapist suggested I do pelvic floor exercises (kegels) sorry if that is spelled wrong could not get close enough. It still happens every so often.

Quote Originally Posted by DLScottsman View Post
    I have that problem and the physical therapist suggested I do pelvic floor exercises (kegels) sorry if that is spelled wrong could not get close enough. It still happens every so often.
    That is actually spelled right. I have tried that to and it doesn't help either. I also have tried the thing where you are suppose to "milk" the urethra and that doesn't work either. I have yet to find a solution to my issues or something that really even helps.

I actually have Pvd (Post-void dribbling) as well. It started for me a few years ago. I went to the doctor with it, but he said that it was because of the muscles around the urethra were not contracting properly. Which made it not empty completely. At first it started as a few drops, but over the years it is still increasing. A method called "milking" works for me, but still doesn't completely empty it fully. My doctor also said that it is rather common along men. I hope that the dropping will reduce, but I'm afraid it won't. Still the future is unpredictable...

I think many guys dribble a little after peeing
    but if it seem to be more then a little pee then you might want to see a doctor to rule out a bladder issue