Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mother's Day

Default Mother's Day

So today is a special day for me and all the other Moms out there.
    Happy Canadian Mother's Day to you all.

I feel very loved and special today. I actually get 2 Mother's Days each year. We celebrate both the English Mother's Day which is always 3 weeks before Easter (usually end of March) and the Canadian Mother's day.
    Today I'm going to also be celebrating being a Mom to my husband who has admitted to being and AB just this year.

Maybe if some of you have 'Mom's' or Carers you could also find a day that is different from your Mother's Day to say thanks and have a really special day together.
    Last edited by awife; 11-May-2014 at 17:29.

To all the ADISC mom's "HAPPY MOTHERS DAY"!

It's a tough one for me because it is the first Mother's Day since the passing of mine. To all those who still have one, hold her close. To those who lost her, my heart is with you.

Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there, hope you all have a great day full of fun and giggles!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGrey View Post
    It's a tough one for me because it is the first Mother's Day since the passing of mine. To all those who still have one, hold her close. To those who lost her, my heart is with you.
    I know how you feel. My mother passed a few years ago and Mother's Day is always bitter -sweet for me. Sad for the loss of my mother yet I know she's pain free and I have my wife who is the mother of our child to spoil instead. Bless you on this day o remember your mom and the good times you had together.

And yes, Happy Mother's Day to all the ADISC moms and everyone's mom!

One song that helps me through tough times is Alter Bridge - In Loving Memory.

Sorry to be the downer here but my mother was bipolar, abusive, self centered and an evil bitch from hell. Mom is 85 now and I did call her and try to be nice but I can never forget the horror of my youth under her control.

I gave my wife a charm for her Pandora bracelet for Mother's Day. We had a great Mother's Day as our daughter and her family came to our house and cooked us lunch. Sadly, that night when I was inspecting my wife's feet...she's diabetic...I found an infected toe. We went to the doctor's today and she may lose the toe. The problem is that even after amputation, one still struggles to heal at the amputation site. Good times are often chased by bad.

I lost my mom when I was in my 20s, and it wasn't easy, so my sympathy goes out to our younger members and older members who have lost their moms. It's important to value life and the ones we love, remembering to tell them that we love them.

I got nothing special on this day. Our budget is tight is why because I am on maternity leave and I didn't qualify for paid leave due to not working enough hours so we stayed home and my aunt came over and my own mother made a special lunch and that was good enough. As a matter of fact nothing special was never done this day for me except eating out. We could have done mother's day since my husband has the money to buy stuff at the Dollar Tree and go to the store and get our son a treat so of course we could afford Mother's day but like I say I am not big on this day.

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    ...because I am on maternity leave...
    You're on maternity leave? When are you due?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    Sadly, that night when I was inspecting my wife's feet...she's diabetic...I found an infected toe. We went to the doctor's today and she may lose the toe. The problem is that even after amputation, one still struggles to heal at the amputation site.
    That's definitely not good news. I hope all goes well. Keep us posted.