Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Diapered in the yard

Default Diapered in the yard

So yesterday I finally finished putting my fence up. Still need to stain it but it looks nice and it closed off the backyard nicely. However, my neighbor came over last night while I was sitting on the back patio in just my teddy bear Bambino and the girlfriend lets him in the backyard. She gave me a couple of minutes warning and I thought about going inside and putting shorts on but didnít. He never comes over and we donít really talk all that much anyway. I had talked to him and his wife a few days earlier about moving the fence line a little so I didnít have to worry about taking out the old fence poles just cut then at ground level but they wouldnít work with me. So I put the fence up in the original line with the good side towards me. He wanted to let me know it was backwards that the good side should have been towards them. I informed him that I paid for it and I wanted it this way. He didnít say anything else. I think though he was a little surprised to see me sitting there in an obvious wet diaper. But he was good he didnít say anything about the diaper just carried on a conversation. He sat there while we talked me in my diaper drinking a beer. Then he left. Wonder if he will come drink a beer or come over again unannounced?

Well you handled that well enough actually. I think you should feel comfortable in your own backyard and not flaunt that your wearing a diaper but neither should you care what people think what you do in the privacy of your own backyard either.

In fact I think it's alright that you where honest to him about all this and established healthy lines with your neighbor about the fence since you did pay for it after all. But make sure that you don't get angry when someone eventually tries to harass you in order to get you to stop as this will undoubtedly will happen at some point. Just remember that it's your property and what you do with it as long as it does no harm to others that you where well within your rights. If the neighbor has issues with what you do in your own backyard he/she always has the right to not come over to your place and ignore you.

Just don't shove it into other people's faces and you will do just fine. In fact I respect you for handling this the way you did in all honesty. If for some reason the media gets involved remember it's your residence and your rules but make sure if you decided to talk to them that such media coverage really should be healthy. My first suggestion would be to insist on being allowed to show them what gets edited before it gets posted on the news. If they try to say no then refuse to talk to them as it's obvious they are trying to be disingenuous with you and trying deliberately to get ratings rather then healthy understanding of AB, DL's in general. I hope this helps!

I like that story. It is pretty awesome, even though something like that would never enter my head. I dress mostly in longer dresses. I am very modest in public. Like yesterday I was in my bed lounging in my favorite underwear and 'honk, honk, HONK! The mailman had brought my supplies from Walmart 3 days sooner than expected. I had to grab a dress and put it on over the top in just a few seconds. The neighbor's dog was here so he was not allowed to get out of his car.
    F.L.

Lozza1979

Personally I wouldn't do that.I love nappies also and believe somebody should be able to feel at home in their own place/yard.However I don't think flaunting your nappies in full view of others, especially soiled ones, is really a good idea.I think it would make some people feel very uncomfortable and I think people have the right not to be exposed to that.To me that shows a little disrespect to any guests, just sitting in a wet nappy right in front of them.It is the homeowners responsibility to make their guests feel welcome and comfortable.I would never allow any guests of mine to see me nappied or even my stash.Hell, if I had a house out in the country I would love to wear just nappies in the yard if I knew nobody would be around.There's nothing wrong with wearing nappies or being yourself in your own home, but when it effects other people then it becomes different.That's just my opinion, sorry if it seems negative.

Lozza, I agree with you that we should not expose a guest to these this kind on thing but in the case of the OP this was not a guest but more an uninvited intruder so I say he handled things in the best possible way.

Lozza1979

Quote Originally Posted by bcdl View Post
    Lozza, I agree with you that we should not expose a guest to these this kind on thing but in the case of the OP this was not a guest but more an uninvited intruder so I say he handled things in the best possible way.
    Fair enough bcdl.Personally I wouldn't consider my neighbor to be an uninvited intruder.His girlfriend warned him minutes before that she was going to let him in and he did nothing.I don't know my neighbors, but I still respect them, and myself, enough not to wear wet nappies in front of them.

Quote Originally Posted by SoakedinTexas View Post
    "..."..."He never comes over and we don’t really talk all that much anyway. I had talked to him and his wife a few days earlier about moving the fence line a little so I didn’t have to worry about taking out the old fence poles just cut then at ground level but they wouldn’t work with me."..."..."Wonder if he will come drink a beer or come over again unannounced?
    SoakedinTexas,

Not meaning to laugh at your expense... that is a pretty amusing story to me!

It seems like you handled that fairly well...considering...

Maybe a towel draped over you would have been more polite...but, I also understand you not feeling like accommodating the neighbor's (potential) sensitivity... and, I also understand getting to a point of not wanting to duck and run... it does seem to me, that your girlfriend might have told the neighbor..."now is not a good time"...

Unless there is a covenant, ordinance, or other regulatory issue that mandates that fence-rails must be on the inside of the enclosure... I understand putting the fence that way... Property (ownership) and who pays for what... however simple that should be...can be a bit tricky in some areas... So, heads-up, you might want to research if the neighbors have any legal leverage in the matter... and if it really troubles them, would you allow them to put fence boards up on their side of the rails?

Well...that's all I've got really...

What will you do if he comes over in his own diaper, and a six-pack? lol

-Marka

Yes, it is a lot more fun sitting here imagining you sitting there in a Teddy bear diaper than for the neighbor. Honestly, diaper pics do not really interest me.

I may have gotten up and put shorts on if I had felt like getting up. But I was tired and a little irritated with him anyway. I had finished the fence and moved over 600 lbs of dirt that day. I just wanted to relax in my diaper and drink a beer or two before bed. So that is what I did. And yes there is no ordinance about how the fence has to face so am good there.