Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Untraining

Default Untraining

I have been a member here about a week now, and everything has gone great. I have received all the support I need.
    Since the first of the month I have been untraining myself. I have wet every day for 9-10 days and worn a diaper all night for the last six nights. I am training myself to get used to embracing that part of my life. I am training myself to wet more naturally.
    I am also untraining myself from m stuff. I want my DL activities to be less about s*x and more about just relaxing and enjoying my new hobby. Before now I have not been able to wet myself without diaper play afterwards, but in the last 10 days I have only indulged 3 days. I am proud of myself since that is down to about 30%. I am hoping to get it down even more. I feel that if I were involved in DL less and only did it once in a while, the excitement would be too much (past experience with that). So I am now celebrating successes and not stressing over my failures. I am learning and growing. I think ADISK is great for that since it is more supportive and not overly focused on sensual topics.
    F.L.

Hay hay, we can hi five each other i 2 at the start of the month have been wering and using diapers natuly. It does feel great to do so but i am not doing it to unpotty train, i am doing it becuase for a month ish i am alone and i can do it. It does make me wonder tho how much control i well lose with a month of using natuly, so hi five again

Thanks kitty,

Yeah, I am just going it for a month to see how I feel. Best month of my life so far.
    F.L.

Fascinating,

Let me give you some words of caution and some advice.

first - THINK what you are actually doing... think about it long and hard and ponder on the following aspects:
    - Your "untraining" will eventually (doesn't take that long btw.) lead you to have a much decreased bladder capacity (the bladder can "shrink")... which basically will increase your toilet-going urges and can be VERY inconvenient
    - You can irritate a lot of stuff with basically forcing you to pee too frequently, that can actually cause you stuff like an overactive bladder (which is a form of Incontinence and requires medical treatment)
    - You willingly impose a health risk and social / day-to-day problems on yourself simply out of the desire to wear diapers.
    - Getting rid of potential health issues isn't always easy and quick.
    - Retraining the bladder to its original capacity isn't a quick fix either (and not always 100% successful).

I am by no means saying you should not be WEARING AND USING diapers as much as you please... after all it's not illegal, it's not something anyone can tell you not to (can, well - yes, but force you?).
    What I am hinting is that you should just wear, but try not to force some odd wetting patterns like 9-10 times, or whenever you feel the slightest urge on you.
    Basically I'm saying the idea of "untraining" (becoming incontinent) is pretty stupid - as long term there will be VERY little joy in it and a lot of problems you will not want (trust me here, I'm IC... and it's not something enjoyable... I like the diapers, but that's about the best part... the rest is annoying - quite annoying).
    Now you DO NOT need to become IC / untrained (call it whatever you may will) to justify wearing diapers - if you like diapers, wear diapers, but don't be a fool and ruin your health.

Trust me there are times where you will want to be without diapers if possible - but your actions will eventually most likely make you quite dependent on the diapers... and there's no need for this.

What do you mean by untraining yourself? Unpotty training yourself, so you're incontinent, or do you mean untraining your body so you can easily wet diapers, rather than your body refusing to let you?

If you're trying to unpotty train yourself so you're incontinent, then I'm just going to say that there's a point where the fetish's involvement in your line shouldn't cross, and that's it. But if you're just trying to get your body to accept diapers as a place to wet rather than just in the bathroom, then that's acceptable.

Yeah, I agree. I accept myself enough not to need another excuse. Yeah, it is training body to accept diapers. I have done pretty well, but I think if I hold back until I really have to go, then it is harder to wet than if I just get used to wetting more frequently. I do not want to have to sit there wishing I could half the time. Also if I do have to force it, I do not feel healthy about that either because it can give me cramps. Ok, so my goal is just to be as comfortable as possible. I am not wearing at all today and tomorrow during the day since I am off and want to give my skin a break, but I will probably continue to wear at night.
    The first couple nights I wet and changed out before going to sleep. But then I heard about SIDF and I was like shoot, I guess I was supposed to leave it on all night. I did not read that until Saturday morning. So I tried the all night thing and it was so AWESOME. I really enjoyed it for relaxation and comfort. So now I just want that without the arousal that used to drive my fascination. So I am also untraining myself from instant arousal every time I put one on. Last night I woke up pretty dry, but still got the benefit of relaxing in my favorite underwear all night.
    F.L.

do dispense with 'forced' or schedules or training... just wear and let it happen as it will. you do NOT have to compact time and compress the experience into timed segments of all night, one week, wear for a month, etc. The schedule idea should fade to let the freedom arise to wear when you want...when enjoyed...NOT as if this is your last opportunity, last chance ever, or last chance to be so fully involved. That time will always be available, believe it or not. Don't rush it, don't "log it in", don't keep score. Just accommodate based on feeling, mood, availability and enjoy it. Let 'as the mood strikes' be your overall guide.

if arousal happens...it's not evil/bad/sinful. some experience this; some not. avoid structuring it. arousal is natural, a gift, and to be taken on select occasions with our without the diaper.
    let this occur naturally on select occasions which IT will determine and which YOU will allow with no reservation.

just as you allow security, comfort, relaxation to overcome you as you wear and wet.

that's my take...

Quote Originally Posted by EPO1 View Post
    - You can irritate a lot of stuff with basically forcing you to pee too frequently, that can actually cause you stuff like an overactive bladder (which is a form of Incontinence and requires medical treatment)
    I agree that someone going permanently to diapers is a really big decision. (and it doesn't even seem like that's exactly quite what the topic creator is doing anyway) But how does incontinence require medical treatment if caused in this way? Isn't it more like... a person that has it, normally, would desire treatment? What treatment does it actually require, for the sake of health, if it's a conscious decision? I know there are times where incontinence could mean something worse, or that a person wouldn't want to be incontinent, but this wouldn't be a different situation when done voluntarily? There's probably something I'm missing here.

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I agree that someone going permanently to diapers is a really big decision. (and it doesn't even seem like that's exactly quite what the topic creator is doing anyway) But how does incontinence require medical treatment if caused in this way? Isn't it more like... a person that has it, normally, would desire treatment? What treatment does it actually require, for the sake of health, if it's a conscious decision? I know there are times where incontinence could mean something worse, or that a person wouldn't want to be incontinent, but this wouldn't be a different situation when done voluntarily? There's probably something I'm missing here.
    Well, If I may answer on my own behalf... The trouble isn't getting what you wish for... it's knowing what to do with it, once you've got it...

And... in fairness... I don't quite see that the OP is going for actual incontinence... However, the OP's actions may make it so all the same...

Romanticize it all you will... it does get quite tiring...

I can still more or less... uhm, get some erotic function from waking up in a wet diaper... but, dammit to hell and back... there are many days... I would just like to go somewhere without having to prep for a space-walk...

In other words... it's not a simple on/off switch... medical intervention may be necessary to attempt to reverse the process... attempt... not necessarily succeed ...

Analogy: Some people can apparently try a very addictive substance... and not get 'hooked'...

Many more it seems... get addicted on the first run... and a fairly low number seem to recover for any significant period...

Would you play 'Russian-Roulette'? No? Most people wouldn't... not if they cared about themselves...

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinating View Post
    I am training myself to get used to embracing that part of my life. I am training myself to wet more naturally.
    I am also untraining myself from m stuff. I want my DL activities to be less about s*x and more about just relaxing and enjoying my new hobby.
    So, I don't believe that EP01 was being accusatory of Fascinating trying to be incontinent... just advising the very real possibility of becoming incontinent without at least realizing the risks...

And to further answer your question... The conscious decision beforehand, makes not the determination of reality afterwards...

Analogy: Whether you get cancer from smoking, or you live an extremely healthy life... but still get cancer... what's the difference?? Someone can try to put blame on you for smoking... the medical treatment is fairly the same for both...

Respectfully,
    -Marka

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Lets say you manage to get an overactive bladder (read: it's basically irritated, sending "I'm Full signals" far to early... you can get a very weird and sometimes painful sensation when this happens.
    And it does not simply go away most of the time - so you've managed to put yourself in a far less then comfortable state of health, that you - and I'm 99.99% sure about this - do not want to be in (it's physically unpleasant)...
    Now you need medical help, as this isn't something that you can treat with over the counter self medication crap.

Or say, that shrunken bladder capacity really starts to piss you off at one point in your life - as nice as it is to wear diapers, it can be less then convenient at times... again: medical help.

Skin problems (some people are more prone to this than others)... some type of eczema - medical help

ShippoFox,
    The thing is this - if you just wear diapers, wet them as you would when you naturally have to go the toilet - and keep clean, there's very little that can go wrong.
    But the moment you start stuff like peeing every 30 minutes, or every time you feel the slightest bit of pressure (and it will increase in frequency)... you are starting to cause HARM to your health...
    And it is truly not a requirement to become incontinent simply to wear and enjoy diapers.
    But once you've caused some damage, even if at first that probably was your desire ("needing diapers") - it will get "old" pretty quickly... also the issues can get worse.