Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 5 Favorite Albums of 2008

Default Top 5 Favorite Albums of 2008

We're just over a week into the new year and I'm itching for some new music. I do, however, want to solicit some feedback from everyone on their top 5 (or 6, 7, or 8) records of 2008. It's inevitable that I missed some great stuff, and I want in on it all before 2009 becomes flooded with new music!

I personally thought 2008 was an amazing year for some of my favorite artists and I'll list my favorite 5 records of 2008:

1.) Delays - Everything's The Rush
    2.) Keane - Perfect Symmetry
    3.) The Killers - Day & Age
    4.) Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
    5.) M83 - Saturdays = Youth

Honorable Mention:
    6.) Shiny Toy Guns - Season of Poison
    7.) Leona Lewis - Spirit
    8.) Lady GaGa - The Fame
    9.) Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
    10.) The Ting Tings - We Started Nothing

There it is! Anyone else share an interest in my favorite music of 2008? Now share YOURS!!

We seem to have a similar taste in music...I don't really buy albums though, and I'll end up just getting like one or two songs...So I don't really have a top 5...

These are in no order

1. Hard Candy - Madonna
    2. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
    3. Want - 3OH!3
    4. Day & Age - The Killers
    5. Narrow Stairs - Death Cab for Cutie
    6. Thriving Ivory - Thriving Ivory
    7. The Fame - Lady GaGa
    8. Oracular Spectacular - MGMT
    9. One of the Boys - Katy Perry
    10. Circus - Britney Spears

Although I love these artists, I found some of their newer albums disappointing...Such as the Keane one the OP mentioned, and I found the Killers one disappointing, although they are my favorite band

Quote Originally Posted by Pojo View Post
    We seem to have a similar taste in music...I don't really buy albums though, and I'll end up just getting like one or two songs...So I don't really have a top 5...

These are in no order

1. Hard Candy - Madonna
    2. Viva la Vida - Coldplay
    3. Want - 3OH!3
    4. Day & Age - The Killers
    5. Narrow Stairs - Death Cab for Cutie
    6. Thriving Ivory - Thriving Ivory
    7. The Fame - Lady GaGa
    8. Oracular Spectacular - MGMT
    9. One of the Boys - Katy Perry
    10. Circus - Britney Spears

Although I love these artists, I found some of their newer albums disappointing...Such as the Keane one the OP mentioned, and I found the Killers one disappointing, although they are my favorite band
    Pojo! We DO have similar tastes in aural candy

Shame on me for forgetting MGMT -- I had it on repeat for weeks in the car!

I am not surprised that you didn't like the Keane record, it took me a little bit to get into it, too. I really loved the title track right off the bat though. "Holy truth? Brother, I choose this mortal life - Lived in perfect symmetry. What I do, that will be done to me." I love all things symmetrical and even - when I first heard the song, it reinforced the values that I hold in my life - thoughts of karma and "do unto others." I also feel like it addresses the corruption of mankind these days.

1.) Slipknot - All Hope Is Gone
    2.) Gun & Roses - Chinese Democracy
    3.) AC/DC - Black Ice
    4.) Nightmare Revisted
    5.) Buckethead - Enter the Chicken

I can think of more but that the only once I can think of right now, because most of the band I listen to had album that came out in 07.
    Last edited by Dream; 08-Jan-2009 at 22:13.

1. Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
    2. Katy Perry - One of the Boys
    3. Mindless Self Indulgence - If
    4. Lady GaGa - The Fame
    5. The Kooks - Konk

Most of my other favorites are from 2007 :O

Shu, I definitely agree with MSI. At first, I despised the new album, but it grew on me over the course of a few good hours, and it's barely been out of my CD player since the release date.

I also agree with the Viva La Vida sentiment! What a great, great album!

As for anything else? I haven't bought an actual new CD in awhile -- I've been nit-picking with songs here and there from offline... so I don't think I'm a reliable source of opinion!

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    Shu, I definitely agree with MSI. At first, I despised the new album, but it grew on me over the course of a few good hours, and it's barely been out of my CD player since the release date.

I love MSI's originality. And their lyrics make me laugh. It's hard to put them in one genre - and I really like that. What's your favorite song?

I like Viva La Vida. I have my favorites on that album: Violet Hill and Strawberry Swing.

Quote Originally Posted by Shu View Post
    1. Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
    2. Katy Perry - One of the Boys
    3. Mindless Self Indulgence - If
    4. Lady GaGa - The Fame
    5. The Kooks - Konk
    Great taste, I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Rance View Post
    Agreed! the Prospekt's March EP is a great listen, as well! 'Life In Technicolor II' is everything and more than I expected.

I'm glad that GaGa is getting some major <3

:bunny: Haven't figured out how to use my ipod - I've had it over a year. Got a new album (CD) last January for my birthday: Raising Sand: Allison Krause and Robert Plant. Being as I like bluegrass and Led Zepplin, this was fun for me. :bunny:
    Last edited by Diapered Rabbit; 08-Jan-2009 at 23:09. Reason: add punctuation