Thread: An awkward delivery experience

Default An awkward delivery experience

So I ordered 4 bags (1 case) of Cuddlz from the UK to be delivered to my door around week ago. This morning I got a call from the delivery guy, he said that the package has been damaged somewhat. He asked that would I like him to bring it to a post office for repackaging and delivered by tomorrow, or today even that the box is damaged.

So I thought that the box can't be that badly damaged and said it's okay to bring it today. So around 2pm my door bell rang. When I opened the door, I completely froze, when I saw this delivery guy holding the diaper bags in his hand! He handed them over to me and said that the box was so damaged during shipping that he removed the items inside and brought them like this.

He also apologized and explained that any post worker isn't allowed to see the content of delivered mail or package. I believe we both were equally embarresed. So he gave me the bags and went on his way. I do think I could file a complaint about him of removing my diaper bags from the damaged box, but he was so kind and polite that I didn't mind in the end. And how damaged was the box? Never found out.

I would have loved to see how pale my face was when this happened not sure if I should contact cuddlz, not knowing was the problem in packaging or shipping. Well, I'm glad that the bags are undamaged, get to try my first cuddlz now

Contact cuddlz just out of courtesy to let them know
    And why wasn't it repackaged ? The royal mail puts damaged letter etc I a larger plastic sealed bag if it gets damaged with sorry your item was damaged
    But even the like's of TNT DHL Fed ex have to take the parcel as is for you to accept or refuse , the only damaged parcels I have not delivered are ones leaking fluid

I believe that the box was actually damaged during delivery here in finland, by that same guy who brought it. Since there was only 2 hours in between his call and the delivery. Maybe that is why he was so embarresed?

At least he was honest and called you to explain , But I doubt it was Cuddlz packaging as I've had no problems

Nowadays I would have said "thank you" and hoped that no one else saw the diapers. It would not have bothered me at all. It gets worse if a neighbour gets the package by mistake though.

Quote Originally Posted by dprlover90 View Post
    So I ordered 4 bags (1 case) of Cuddlz from the UK to be delivered to my door around week ago. This morning I got a call from the delivery guy, he said that the package has been damaged somewhat. He asked that would I like him to bring it to a post office for repackaging and delivered by tomorrow, or today even that the box is damaged.

So I thought that the box can't be that badly damaged and said it's okay to bring it today. So around 2pm my door bell rang. When I opened the door, I completely froze, when I saw this delivery guy holding the diaper bags in his hand! He handed them over to me and said that the box was so damaged during shipping that he removed the items inside and brought them like this.

He also apologized and explained that any post worker isn't allowed to see the content of delivered mail or package. I believe we both were equally embarresed. So he gave me the bags and went on his way. I do think I could file a complaint about him of removing my diaper bags from the damaged box, but he was so kind and polite that I didn't mind in the end. And how damaged was the box? Never found out.

I would have loved to see how pale my face was when this happened not sure if I should contact cuddlz, not knowing was the problem in packaging or shipping. Well, I'm glad that the bags are undamaged, get to try my first cuddlz now
    i would probably freeze too and get red like a stop light >.< but atleast he was polite and i would probably atleast give cuddlz a heads up about it!

I had a similar situation many years ago when "cloth like" started gaining popularity and manufacturers were liquidating their old plastic backed inventory on eBay. I couldn't pass up the deal from one liquidator, (I want to say they came out to ablout 20 each) so ordered several hundred various diapers.
    I had 2 roommates at time and I was at work when they arrived. The boxes that they were packed in were super thin and one of them had a sizable hole in it where you cold see the diapers. luckily they were asleep or at least in their rooms when I got home from work, so as quietly as I could, I unpacked them and hid them in my room.
    I then left the boxes intact and put them in the back of my pickup, which has a shell and they bairly fit. The next morning I was asked what I ordered and where did the boxes go, because it looked like diapers looking through the hole in the box. I said I had no idea what was in the boxes, mading up an excuse that a coworker asked me if it would be OK if they ordered something and have it shipped to my house since they have had issues in the past where packages were stolen from their porch. They both gave me a weird look like I was full of BS. So I told them to look in the back of the truck.

Sent an email to cuddlz to notify them, even if it wasn't in their packaging.

To the diapers themselves, the all-over printed ones are not my kind of diapers. When worn, the abdomen part and the leg cuffs feel very loose, making me feel insecure about wetting them

But the front panel printed ones, oh mah gerd! Just fantastic! The diaper feels thick and fits very snug, plus I like the feel of the soft 90's pampers like plastic and the print. Definetly going to make a bigger order of these (hoping that the box stays undamaged this time). Absolutely my favourite AB diaper so far!

Smile

I think it was really nice of the delivery guy to call to ask if you'd like the contents re-packaged (to save you any embarrassment if you didn't want your neighbours seeing what was inside). I guess the packaging was damaged so badly that there wasn't much point in keeping it on.

I wouldn't complain about the delivery bloke since it probably wasn't him who caused the damage, but maybe let the courier company and vendor know about the problem if you feel like it. Packages shouldn't get damaged or unwrapped during transit! :-)

P.S. Glad you liked them! :-)

At least the guy was nice and polite during the whole thing. I would have had a mini heart attack, guaranteed. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    I had a similar situation many years ago when "cloth like" started gaining popularity and manufacturers were liquidating their old plastic backed inventory on eBay. I couldn't pass up the deal from one liquidator, (I want to say they came out to ablout 20 each) so ordered several hundred various diapers.
    I had 2 roommates at time and I was at work when they arrived. The boxes that they were packed in were super thin and one of them had a sizable hole in it where you cold see the diapers. luckily they were asleep or at least in their rooms when I got home from work, so as quietly as I could, I unpacked them and hid them in my room.
    I then left the boxes intact and put them in the back of my pickup, which has a shell and they bairly fit. The next morning I was asked what I ordered and where did the boxes go, because it looked like diapers looking through the hole in the box. I said I had no idea what was in the boxes, mading up an excuse that a coworker asked me if it would be OK if they ordered something and have it shipped to my house since they have had issues in the past where packages were stolen from their porch. They both gave me a weird look like I was full of BS. So I told them to look in the back of the truck.
    This was some awesome quick thinking. Bravo.